Sign in to follow this  
chapstick

4.5 hot fix is out

8 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

But not, if only updating the Client.. Correct?

You had to update the content for PBR effects and that overwrites the main texture folder. Sure though if you installed Orbx scenery after last updating the Content you would not have to do a reinstall.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GSalden said:

The UI Hardware ...... = True entry exists by default on both my flying pc’s.

And it should not be there by default ?

It is on mine as well.. not to worry.. :cool:

Bert

17 minutes ago, GEKtheReaper said:

Also please specify if you took care about the CFG, the Shaders and all that housekeeping stuff.

Did all of the above.  Add-ons are fairly light - for my real-world use case test, there's Active Sky with the latest beta build, Orbx Global, Vector and NA landclass. and an A2A GA aircraft.  

The CTD is specific to a change in autogen levels and it's a new one for me - it didn't happen to me with the original 4.5.  I only had the performance issues with that one.

Did a full uninstall/reinstall of the original 4.5.  For the hotfix I uninstalled and reinstalled client and content.

15 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

But not, if only updating the Client.. Correct?

That´s correct. This will be necessary if you installed also the Scenery Package.

Regards, Marcus

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

25 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

It is on mine as well.. not to worry.. :cool:

Thanks Bert.

Yesterday I did the Clients update + new cfg files.

Later today I will do my first WidevieW flight with TE NL with AG at Dense instead of Normal.

Fingers crossed ...

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

How did you all perform the Hotfix Installation? Removing the Client, Installing the new Client and deleting the Prepar3D.cfg?

17 minutes ago, eXpress48 said:

How did you all perform the Hotfix Installation? Removing the Client, Installing the new Client and deleting the Prepar3D.cfg?

I bet you haven't even read the last 2 pages of this thread....

Some have done only Client, some have done Client + Content, some have done a full reinstall, some have.....

Just look on the release notes from LM (the list is short given it's a HF) then decide for yourself what you would like to do and the "risks" that come with that.

Addition: Since IMHO this could be the last v4 version, I would recomend to all to do a clean on this one.

I will wait until W10 19H update (end of May) is released and start with a clean OS. Till then all the addon's would have been received enough attention from the Devs to be compatible with 4.5 HF

Edited by GEKtheReaper

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

20 minutes ago, eXpress48 said:

Yes only the Client. Delete the prepar3d.cfg and shader files.

Marc

FS2020alpha, P3D v5 - W10 - i7-8700k @4.7GHz - Asus ROG Strix Z370-F Gaming - Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 3000MHz C15 - Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti-O11G-Gaming - Noctua NH-U12S - SSD Samsung 970 Evo M.2 PCIe NVMe 1To - Cooler Master G650M - HP 35" OMEN X 21:9 3440x1440

3 minutes ago, cyclope78 said:

Yes only the Client. Delete the prepar3d.cfg and shader files.

+ Memory Optimization = 0 tweak

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

14 hours ago, simbol said:

This registry setting disables hardware acceleration for all applications on your PC, you want this enabled to get the best performance out of your system.

P3D 4.4 enabled hardware acceleration hardcoded inside the source code, but some people complained about this change since Reshade and other overlaying /recording software were not working correctly with P3D 4.4. and as a result LM gave the registry setting for a work around for user experiencing this problem.

P3D 4.5 disabled hardware acceleration via internal code, to correct the issues stated above as people were complaining about issues, etc.

P3D 4.5 HotFix has re-enabled Hardware Acceleration by default, and included a setting via Prepard3.cfg to override it if necesary: UIHardwareAcceleration=false. NOTE: It was determined via beta tests that the change in hardware acceleration via internal code caused the performance drops in comparison with P3D 4.4 under certain systems.

So you need to delete this registry setting if you have it in your system.

Regards,
Simbol

Hi and thanks for your efforts in the community. I have just checked my registry and under "Avalon.Graphics" there is nothing there in the folder. So I'm assuming that's ok?

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

30 minutes ago, GSalden said:

+ Memory Optimization = 0 tweak

This would be indeed a tweak if you have enough VRAM headroom to spare...or am I mistaken? On my end, with the GTX970 and 3.5GB of RAM this would not be an improvement i suspect.

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

13 hours ago, virtuali said:

There's already something like that:

Options->Add-ons-> disable them all = "Vanilla Mode"

Of course, this will work only for those "proper" P3D add-ons which use the add-on.xml method.

Thanks. Did not notice that before. That could be useful. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

15 minutes ago, Peter Webber said:

Hi and thanks for your efforts in the community. I have just checked my registry and under "Avalon.Graphics" there is nothing there in the folder. So I'm assuming that's ok?

Correct.

S.

1 hour ago, GSalden said:

The UI Hardware ...... = True entry exists by default on both my flying pc’s.

And it should not be there by default ?

Correct, this will only appear if you rebuild your prepar3.cfg file after the HF or on a brand new installation (no P3D before)

My understanding is, it is enabled by default even if the setting is not present, I will ask Rob Mccarthy today further clarification.

S.

16 hours ago, Daedalus said:

It seems to me there is an addon that causes P3D to not launch after installing the hotfix. I haven't found it yet. When I launch P3D the splash screen appear and after a while it just disappears and I'm left with the desktop. 

Try this.

My new fix crashed my P3D 4.5 at startup, but this fix solved my problem.

I found the problem of P3D not starting after the hotfix. The WX Advantage Radar is the reason. Removed the MV_WXM.dll from the Modules folder and problem solved. I guess it needs to be updated.

--------------------------------------

Jack

the Swede in Spain