Sign in to follow this  
chapstick

4.5 hot fix is out

1 minute ago, Woozie said:

Stand alone entry? Its not part of a default prepar3d.cfg and needs to be added manually under the [MAIN] section, if thats what you meant. If there's no entry it will default to 0.33

Thanks, I appreciate your help.  I am about to update to P3D4.5 and I'm gathering as much info as I can. Fingers crossed!

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I MSI Z790-VC | MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker

Just now, TomCYYZ said:

Thanks, I appreciate your help.  I am about to update to P3D4.5 and I'm gathering as much info as I can. Fingers crossed!

Anytime!

Good luck then! From which version are you coming from? Major step or just simply applying the hotfix? If you skip multiple versions i would advise to refrain from manual CFG tweaks until you run into any issues that would need a manual tweak. Many of those that were deemed as mandatory for older versions are no longer necessary imho

3 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Just did the exact same test, flew at 3000 feet all the way and worked great.

FFTF set to 0.15 since the fftf dynamic app is MIA at present..

Just updated it too :

AGL

0 = 0.01

4000 = 0.2

Edited by GSalden

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

7 hours ago, simbol said:

Thanks guys, in that case @vbazillio, you might want to confirm you really installed the latest hotfix and actually deleted you P3D config file.

I do have 4.5.12.30293 client installed and I made a mistake looking correctly in the Prepar3D.cfg: I can confirm I do have the UIHardwareAcceleration=True in [USERINTERFACE] section.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

• Like 1

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

I'm still curious why people clean out the compiled shaders folder on a version upgrade.

There are times when I have to delete the contents of the Shaders folder (and indeed the Scenery Indexes x64 folder for good measure) without having upgraded anything. If I notice a degradation in performance, cleaning out those folders generally corrects the issue. Don't ask me how. It just does.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

OK, I'm good now - managed to get the hotfix running perfectly.  The issue - at least, I think this was the issue - was a scenery.cfg conflct.  I found and removed a stray entry for Turbulent's Terraflora tree set, which I thought I'd uninstalled, but apparently there were traces left behind.  I'm guessing that created problems (conflicting calls?) with the Orbx trees.  Or maybe this was coincidence and something else fell into place.  But for whatever reason, I've now got smooth performance locked at 30 in all the scenarios that were giving me trouble yesterday. Wondering if that might have been my problem with the original 4.5 as well.  I could find out - I've still got the installer - but I'm not going to.  Enough with the agonies - off to fly.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ZLA Steve said:

Because remnant data is leftover and can cause glitches and issues.

Think of shaders like a glass of wine. It has unique flavors and properties. An update (be it new drivers/version/graphics add-ons) is akin to a new bottle.

You want to rinse out the glass so the old stuff doesn't influence or corrupt the taste of the new stuff.

Is that why poppet was obessed with telling people to delete them? 😏

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

7 hours ago, simbol said:

Shaders were probably rebuilding..

S.

Not a pause in waiting for shaders to rebuild it was during taxi and take off and flight (dropping frames if you will). 2nd run of P3D was smooth in all afore-mentioned phases.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Testing out true earth GB with Ultra 4096 texture and use high resolution textures  and getting some startling results . Better performance than 1024 texture and fantatic graphics and reasonable fps . I have a high end machine but before hot fix no chance . Other than that same settings as JV recommended ones for TE on orbx website . graphics fantastic.

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

5 minutes ago, cannow said:

Testing out true earth GB with Ultra 4096 texture and use high resolution textures  and getting some startling results . Better performance than 1024 texture and fantatic graphics and reasonable fps . I have a high end machine but before hot fix no chance . Other than that same settings as JV recommended ones for TE on orbx website . graphics fantastic.

define "reasonable fps" in case of TE GB please 😉 Are you saying you see double digits when flying over London?

no seriously, are we talking about 30+?

37 minutes ago, tooting said:

Is that why poppet was obessed with telling people to delete them? 😏

No, it's because it is one of the recommendations from LM to avoid issues. If you are having issues they recommend you follow a specific procedure, among which is deleting the shaders.

Vic

• Upvote 2

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Here I am less happy.

The framerates are good and to make it even less taxing I use Vsync  @ 25 hertz.

With all sliders at medium core 0 is 100%, even with fair weather .

i do use TE NL + FT Amsterdam + PTA, but with 4.5 I did too and core 0 was always 60-95%.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

38 over Southampton and smooth DA62 airplane last time I tried London getting some judder more testing to do to find a good setting for london

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

The Hot Fix has worked a dream for me  .... My P3D using True Earth South was an absolute slideshow until I applied the fix

This is what I did

1. Uninstalled old Client

2. Installed new Client

3. Deleted P3D CFG (For some reason I had 2 ... both deleted)

4. Deleted Shaders Folder

Started P3D 

5. Closed down P3D and went to newly compiled P3D CFG and added the line ...  UIHardwareAcceleration=True under [USERINTERFACE] section.

6. Re-instated all my settings and now it is running like a dream  ...... WELL PLEASED

Paul 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

OK, this is odd - today, when I reinstalled the hotfix, the UIHardwareAcceleration=True line was added to the USERINTERFACE section.  Yesterday it wasn't.  I have no idea why.  

Maybe that and not the tree conflict (the one I mentioned in my last post) was the issue.

P3D is a mystery...