Sign in to follow this  
chapstick

4.5 hot fix is out

4 hours ago, Woozie said:

Stand alone entry? Its not part of a default prepar3d.cfg and needs to be added manually under the [MAIN] section, if thats what you meant. If there's no entry it will default to 0.33

The default is 0.33 if you have fps locked in P3D.

If you have fps set to unlimited, the default is actually 0.1 :wink:

• Like 1

Bert

Bert,

Have you heard anything regarding update for RXP GTN?

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

2 hours ago, somiller said:

Bert,

Have you heard anything regarding update for RXP GTN?

No, I have not..

Bert

I had stayed away from 4.5 previously, due to all the reports of issues.

I went ahead and updated with the hotfix (client only), deleted my old config file and shaders per the recommended procedure.

Very pleased - performance is at least as good as 4.4 in terms of frame rates with equivalent settings (even measurably better in many situations), and overall the experience is noticeably smoother especially in the usual P3D "trouble spots."

If you had been shy about updating before, I would recommend trying it now.

• Like 2

- Kevin

Windows 10 / i9-10900k / Zotac RTX-3080 Trinity OC (12GB) / MSI MEG Z490 ACE mobo / Corsair H150i RGB PRO XT liquid cooler / 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3333MHz C16 DDR4 RAM / Dell Alienware AW3418DW WQHD 3440x1440 GSync / Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 2TB (OS) & 860 EVO 4TB SDD / WD Caviar Black 4TB HDD  / EVGA Supernova 850 G5 PSU / Be Quiet Dark Base Pro 900 rev 2 case / Virpil Warbird base with ThrustMaster Warthog HOTAS grip / MFG Crosswind rudder pedals / Virtual-Fly TQ6+ throttle quadrant / Winwing Orion HOTAS F-18 Throttle / Virpil TCS+ collective base with Hawk-60 grip / Saitek Trim Wheel / Saitek Radio and Switch Panels / Winwing Combat Ready Panel / Tobii 5

What happens when we delete scenery config?  Can someone please remind me?  How does it effect add-ons?  Thanks.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

7 hours ago, Woozie said:

Anytime!

Good luck then! From which version are you coming from? Major step or just simply applying the hotfix? If you skip multiple versions i would advise to refrain from manual CFG tweaks until you run into any issues that would need a manual tweak. Many of those that were deemed as mandatory for older versions are no longer necessary imho

I am upgrading from 4.4...I did a flight and if anything, the sim is running the same if not better. But I am still experiencing the occasional 3-4second stutter like I had with version 4.4. This was approaching KJFK though. 

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I MSI Z790-VC | MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker

Hotfix seemed to work for me. I was getting extremely high CPU usage at older FSX-era sceneries which led to low FPS (Taxi2Gate KMCO is one example). It's much better now.

1 hour ago, Dreamflight767 said:

What happens when we delete scenery config?  Can someone please remind me?  How does it effect add-ons?  Thanks.

Why would you do that??

Bert

Argh! Five flights since the hotfix. Five CTDs 😞

All addons updated to compatible builds.

Still trying to see what the pattern is. It's not the plane as I've tried two completely different ones.

And I'm deliberately testing from an airport in Svalbard where scenery is very sparse.

Each time I do a methodical plane setup/startup. Taxi and takeoff. Climb to a few thousand feet, and everything seems absolutely lovely, smooth simming. Perfect.

Then after only a few minutes of flight, the blue circle of death appears and it CTDs. Most frustrating.

I'm trying to work out what is happening at a few thousand feet which is causing it to barf. I'm suspicious of PTA shaders as the height increases, but have no proof yet.

Work continues...

Edited by SledDriver

Interestingly, If I do the exact same scenario/plane/location/setup/startup, and leave the plane idling on the ground, ready for takeoff, but don't actually fly, the CTD never seems to happen, even after an extended period.

More tests tomorrow.

Edited by SledDriver

I installed the new 4.5 on May 12, I did not expect the 14th HF1 to be released, lol, yesterday I updated the HF1 client, flying some small planes, in Orbx Innsbruck, there is no problem. However, after I installed Aerosoft's 320 latest update, Innsbruck took off and climbed to 8000 feet when CTD. I suspect that it is a problem with the PTA shader. Later, I removed the shader configuration and restored it to the original. Although the picture is not good, I still hope to be more stable. I found the option of hardware acceleration to ture in cfg, and I feel that the frame rate is similar to the 4.4 period (because the number of frames is not determined due to the lack of testing fslabs).

I also flew Carenado's kingair B350i and found that the logic of the autopilot seemed to have some problems in the 4.5HF1. The climb can only pass through the VS. The height reached is not automatically maintained. Pressing the HDG button does not display the HDG mode on the FMA, but the airplane still follows the HDG.

It is highly recommended not to use shaders, as this will cause significant instability in HF1. I don't know if the subsequent PTA can be optimized.

Don't expect too much FPS because the hardware configuration and software architecture determine this fluency.

The above is a personal thought. If there is something wrong, welcome everyone to criticize and correct. Thank you.

3 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Why would you do that??

Sorry, maybe I misread but I thought some users said they needed to delete their add-on config or remove their scenery config.  Something of that nature, I tried to look back but couldn't find it.  Maybe that was for Environmental Force.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

4 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

P3D will build a new one. In my case P3D build a new one build did´t put in al my addons. So I returned the orginal file which I removed and saved before removing the scenery.cfg.Build why would you do that? 

Regards Marcus

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

1 hour ago, Oliver Ooi said:

So with 4.5 and this hotfix, we can finally fly ORBX TE GB South in good fps now?

lol..you're funny.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor