Sign in to follow this  
chapstick

4.5 hot fix is out

3 minutes ago, cannow said:

The latest hotfix is a vast improvement for true earth and highly recommended . Only issue is the trouble spot of London . The sim wants to run at 30-40fps over uk but judders back to 15. As you can see from attached image I believe I am running out of RAM Vram and standard memory .This is on JVs recommended settings . I have an RTX 2080 and 16 gig 3200mhz memory.

I have tried every adjustment I can think of and cant improve.

Your help gents would be much appreciated so close to a perfect sim every other area is fine and ftx England over London is smooth. 

Is more memory required about £100 just for London not sure I can justify it  

198140692_overlondon.jpg.34a7b9b11841b3e42b3435a87b0c80b5.jpg

please pop me a link to "JVs recommended settings" thank's

Sombol why while usin VSync with Tb on, unlimited FPS I get flickering ( objects shaking) ?

while using FXAA and AA at 4MSAA everything is so sharp?

My monitor is a 49 inch 4K TV  at 60htz.  Resolution native at 3260x2160

1080ti 32 Gb ram 

George

2 hours ago, SledDriver said:

Yes, yes, yes. 🙂 Machine is rock solid under the most high duress.

Gotta smile at your 'unlogic' though. I stated that machine ran 4.5 non-hotfix on many flights of many hours in high demand scenery, and fails with hotfix in low demand scenery, and you ask if the machine is stable...doh.

Hey, I was just asking off-the-cuff, trying to help you out.

If you are going to reply like that, don't bother.  I have no time for this type of bad behavior.

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Regarding the CTD after autogen slider change while flying I think I have found the problem

I uninstalled and install P3D in vanilla mode and there was no problem. I started to add add-ons without any CTD. After adding AIG IOC entry the problem came back.

I realize that we have two add-on.cfg , one file under ProgramData and another one under Roaming. the xml of the AIG OIC was the only entry in the ProgramData add-on.cfg so I cut-paste that entry into my Roaming add-on.cfg (edit the package number to follow the last one x+1) and I left the ProgramData add-on.cfg completely empty.

The CTD is gone after 3 flights.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU

Thanks for clearing that up about the current files regarding the HotFix.

Regards,

Scott

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

FYI.....whatever they changes they made...my sim never look better....hopefully will stay that way....Still higher CPU usage, but I never had better smoothness. Will wait for FSL update to see how that works, but for now all good....

• Upvote 1

Virtual Air Canada - Alex Luzajic

13 minutes ago, Jedi928 said:

Interesting but AIG OIC What is it?

AIG=Alpha India Group. OCI="One Click Installer" AIM=AI Manager...ie. the core AI software.

Basically it injects AI traffic in to your sim. 

For more info and links to downloads etc.. check here.... https://www.alpha-india.net/

Register at the site for forum access, they'll answer all your questions...🙂

8 minutes ago, cyyzrwy24 said:

FYI.....whatever they changes they made...my sim never look better....hopefully will stay that way....Still higher CPU usage, but I never had better smoothness. Will wait for FSL update to see how that works, but for now all good....

Here the same . Core 0 usage V4.4 60-95% , now almost continuesly 100%.

I was able to minimize the micro stutters in heavy scenery with 25 hertz.

V4.4 : Vsync On / 27 fos locked

V4.4 : Vsync OIn / 26 fos locked 

( with Vsync on my fps still have peaks 

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

1 hour ago, SledDriver said:

Sure. And I am. But uninstalling everything isn't the most effective debugging method. Uninstalling everything is perhaps the way to go for people with no real techy knowledge.

Dear @SledDriver you are again making your own interpretation of that I wrote. Please quote my statement where I advise you to UNINSTALL all.

You as a techy would have known by now that there is: a) a function to disable all addons, function working only for XML addons

b) a posibility to edit other xml files to render addons inactive

c) a posibility to save your cfg files (terrain.cfg included) and let P3D rebuild new ones

d)....

Well...continue to treat other users inferior and live with your minor CTD.

Best regards from Lake Constance.

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

52 minutes ago, ttbq1 said:

uninstalled and install P3D in vanilla mode and there was no problem. I started to add add-ons without any CTD. After adding AIG IOC entry the problem came back.

Excellent job!

• Like 1

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

12 minutes ago, SunDevil56 said:

AIG=Alpha India Group. OCI="One Click Installer" AIM=AI Manager...ie. the core AI software.

Basically it injects AI traffic in to your sim. 

For more info and links to downloads etc.. check here.... https://www.alpha-india.net/

Register at the site for forum access, they'll answer all your questions...🙂

Ok thanks for this answer but usually are you sure all Add-ons entry should be in C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\add-ons.cfg and 0 entry should be in C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\add-ons.cfg?

I have the same problem with sode with one entry for sode in C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\add-ons.cfg and all the rest of the entries except sode entry are in C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\add-ons.cfg!

Jérôme Dietsch

4 minutes ago, GEKtheReaper said:

Dear @SledDriver you are again making your own interpretation of that I wrote. Please quote my statement where I advise you to UNINSTALL all.

Well...continue to treat other users inferior and live with your minor CTD.

Huh? I agreed with you.

1 hour ago, GSalden said:

V4.4 : Vsync OIn / 26 fos locked 

After playing for quite sometime I decided to leave unlimited and 60Hz....

Virtual Air Canada - Alex Luzajic