Sign in to follow this  
chapstick

4.5 hot fix is out

58 minutes ago, SledDriver said:

Huh? I agreed with you.

I apologize! I was in "fight" mode and misinterpreted your techy statement as me beeing not that techy. It's a common mistake people make when reading and interpreting information using own emotions.

Hopefuly you will get a grip on what is causing your CTD and are able to share your findings.

BR, Gerald

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

2 hours ago, Jedi928 said:

Ok thanks for this answer but usually are you sure all Add-ons entry should be in C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\add-ons.cfg and 0 entry should be in C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\add-ons.cfg?

I have the same problem with sode with one entry for sode in C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\add-ons.cfg and all the rest of the entries except sode entry are in C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\add-ons.cfg!

Pose your questions at their forum as I suggested.

All I can tell you is that I installed both the AIG AIM and the SODE module using the default method, that is to say, when I installed these, I let them install where the programs chose to by default, I didn't make any changes to the installation paths. Both are working fine for me is all I can tell you.

6 hours ago, ttbq1 said:

Regarding the CTD after autogen slider change while flying I think I have found the problem

I uninstalled and install P3D in vanilla mode and there was no problem. I started to add add-ons without any CTD. After adding AIG IOC entry the problem came back.

I realize that we have two add-on.cfg , one file under ProgramData and another one under Roaming. the xml of the AIG OIC was the only entry in the ProgramData add-on.cfg so I cut-paste that entry into my Roaming add-on.cfg (edit the package number to follow the last one x+1) and I left the ProgramData add-on.cfg completely empty.

The CTD is gone after 3 flights.

Ramon,

Since moving the data for AIG-OIC to the other add-on.cfg, have you tried running AIG Manager. The reason I ask is I'm curious whether that change will cause AIG Manager to throw an error.

Kind Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

6 hours ago, Jedi928 said:

Ok thanks for this answer but usually are you sure all Add-ons entry should be in C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\add-ons.cfg and 0 entry should be in C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\add-ons.cfg?

I have the same problem with sode with one entry for sode in C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\add-ons.cfg and all the rest of the entries except sode entry are in C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\add-ons.cfg!

Jerome,

My add-on cfg is same as yours...SODE is in "AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\add-ons.cfg" Pretty sure it is goes here when you install as "Administrator".

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

18 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

Hi,

Prepar3d will create a new default one (as it does with all core config files that you delete). You will lose all scenery addons that have their reference in the scenery.cfg, and you have to add them back in yourself.

But this file has never changed and there is no reason whatsoever why you would want to delete it. There were instances where the simulator didn't start because of a single broken scenery path, but deleting the whole reference file is hardly the correct solution for that kind of problem...

Best regards

19 hours ago, mpo910 said:

P3D will build a new one. In my case P3D build a new one build did´t put in al my addons. So I returned the orginal file which I removed and saved before removing the scenery.cfg.Build why would you do that? 

Regards Marcus

Thanks.  Sorry, I don't know why I thought I had to do that.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

Great success after two days of not working - HotFix is now working very well for me in my system.

My test has always been at the same addon airport which happens to be my home base. When the HotF came out the load went from 1.5 to 2 minutes to 4.5 to 5 minutes, now after my few more changes it is now 1 minute 40 seconds.  Also I have gained about 5 to 8 FPS in performance - so in summary I am now very happy with the HotFix.

What I did was to uninstall REX Advantage Weather Radar which actually was not configured in any aircraft due to issues.

Also I removed the Shaders folder but as a test I did not remove the P3D.cfg file and it worked immediately. So then I thought I should remove the P3D.cfg file and allowed P3D to build a new one and it worked just as well as the old CFG file so I left the new one in.

Also updated Active Sky

Edited by Dane Watson

Regards, Dane

- Windows 10 Home - CPU Intel Core i7-10700KF @3.8GHz
- EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 GPU - 1TB SSD DRIVE - RAM 32GB - MSFS-2020

@Dane Watson glad you have it sorted.

I must point out though, that many users here in this thread already pointed out the issues with REX A WX. If you would have followed those indications, it would have spared you the 2days agony....

Gerald K. - Germany

Thanks everybody for your answer it seems i have a scenery add on who cause the problem, as soon as i desactivate the scenery add-on it works!

• Like 1

Jérôme Dietsch

10 minutes ago, SledDriver said:

Does anyone know if this 9th May Rex SF3D update is for 4.5Hotfix?

Does not work. They have a cloud issue and are working on a patch.

https://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/51506-latest-full-version/

Edited by GEKtheReaper

Gerald K. - Germany

Hi GEKtheReaper

Did all updates but Hotfix won’t load after installation-Client only

Reinstalled 4.5 and all good except MV WX Radar now doesn’t work

Should I uninstall MV WX Radar -not working anyway and try Hot fix again OR wait for a update from REX-one in the works I think?

xxd09

14 minutes ago, xxd09 said:

Hi GEKtheReaper

Did all updates but Hotfix won’t load after installation-Client only

Reinstalled 4.5 and all good except MV WX Radar now doesn’t work

Should I uninstall MV WX Radar -not working anyway and try Hot fix again OR wait for a update from REX-one in the works I think?

xxd09

I would uninstall the radar gauge, as it will probably crash P3D anytime a panel containing it is loaded (especially bad if the acft in your default flight uses it).  Better a missing gauge than one which will blow up the sim.  Reinstall it after they release an update for P3D v4.5

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

So even after the "fix", .5 is still INOP?

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

Thanks for prompt reply w6kd

I had no problems with 4.5 (except now no WX Radar!)and I have WX Radar  working in my FSX setup

So will tell REX and Milviz and wait

xxd09