Sign in to follow this  
chapstick

4.5 hot fix is out

6 minutes ago, Dreamflight767 said:

So even after the "fix", .5 is still INOP?

How so?

My P3D 4.5 with HF1 loads with default aircraft but does not with PMDG 737

Georgios

4.5hf is no different for me. Still massive loading times(almost 50%) and FPS loss. Going to try a full reinstall(again) and failing that wait it out on 4.4.

Edited by tutmeister

39 minutes ago, georgiosgiannoukos said:

Problem solved. The debug mode in EF needs to be off.

Sorry, what is "EF"? Thanks.

Richard

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

On 5/13/2019 at 11:21 AM, Daedalus said:

I found the problem of P3D not starting after the hotfix. The WX Advantage Radar is the reason. Removed the MV_WXM.dll from the Modules folder and problem solved. I guess it needs to be updated.

Old thread, but thanks, man. I was about to jump.

That was my problem too.

• Like 1

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

I have the problem the other way round

All 4.5 Hotfix updates loaded including the new Rex ones available yesterday-Active Sky,Flight 1 GTN etc

All good-everything works including MV WX Radar BUT P3D4.5 Hotfix ( Client only) will not install

I had no problems with 4.5 so sticking with it and AMA happy bunny

xxd09

I've just updated my Client to v4.5 from v4.4. I perform a specific test to make it as objective as possible thereby removing any subjective influence. I just uninstalled and ran the Client update. Didn't delete p3d.cfg but I did delete the contents of the shaders folder.

Here are the results. 4.4 times are in red; 4.5 times in blue.

Load time to Free Scenario display. 62 secs  63 secs.

Load time for chosen scenario. 60 secs 48 secs

For the test itself I position my aircraft at EGLC Rwy 28, slew up to 500ft and move forward at 160kts. I change heading to aim for EGLL passing directly over the Tower and T5 and the test stops as I reach the first reservoir beyond the M25.

Min fps = 16.4 Max fps = 46.1 Avg fps = 26.4 Max Ai = 272

Min fps = 17.7 Max fps = 43.8 Avg fps = 26.3 Max Ai = 268.

No reduction in frame rates - just a decrease in loading time for the chosen scenario.

Edited by Ray Proudfoot
  • Like 3

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

On 5/18/2019 at 9:51 AM, JasonPC said:

How so?

I thought I read about people having issues.  I'll be honest in saying that I might be getting v4.5 and EF mixed up.  So the fix is good and folks are happy?

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

Depends who you ask. People here have no problem. Also plenty here that do. I'm still suffering significant performance and loading issues compared to v4.4 and there are a good number of other threads talking about cpu usage going up.

I'm hesitant to say it is definitely flawed though as I haven't had much time to fault find on my end yet.

2 hours ago, tutmeister said:

Depends who you ask. People here have no problem. Also plenty here that do. I'm still suffering significant performance and loading issues compared to v4.4 and there are a good number of other threads talking about cpu usage going up.

I'm hesitant to say it is definitely flawed though as I haven't had much time to fault find on my end yet.

Hmmm...Thanks.  Guess I'll keep holding off.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

12 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

So the fix is good and folks are happy?

Folks are never happy   :wink:

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Bert

On 5/15/2019 at 10:20 PM, Dane Watson said:

Great success after two days of not working - HotFix is now working very well for me in my system.

My test has always been at the same addon airport which happens to be my home base. When the HotF came out the load went from 1.5 to 2 minutes to 4.5 to 5 minutes, now after my few more changes it is now 1 minute 40 seconds.  Also I have gained about 5 to 8 FPS in performance - so in summary I am now very happy with the HotFix.

What I did was to uninstall REX Advantage Weather Radar which actually was not configured in any aircraft due to issues.

Also I removed the Shaders folder but as a test I did not remove the P3D.cfg file and it worked immediately. So then I thought I should remove the P3D.cfg file and allowed P3D to build a new one and it worked just as well as the old CFG file so I left the new one in.

Also updated Active Sky

Same here  the REX Advantage Weather Radar module was the culprit (P3D 4.5 1293)

Regards

Stefti

Intel x299 I7 7820  OC @ 4.7 Ghz   Win10 pro 64

Gigabyte gaming 9  Nvidia 1080ti  11GB

Thermaltake level 10 Corsair H1100 h2o cooling

64 GB Corsair Dominator DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz

Ch Rudder,Yoke,&Stick Itra flightboard 2000