Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

X-Plane 11 Lock Stock & Barrel!

13 minutes ago, GolfMikeBravo said:

I still fly both (X-plane and P3D).  Until there is comprehensive ATC for X-Plane that fully interacts with AI traffic, and improved AI traffic, I can't fully part with P3D.  I also like the weather depiction in P3D better, but Xenviro sure has some great looking technology in the works for X-Plane.  Looking forward to their next release version.

Gerald

I purchased Xvision and Activesky XP.  My clouds are now awesome;-)))

No more lengthy update processes such as the recent P3Dv4.5.5.5.5.5.5.5........  - heaven;-)

Edited by Dougal

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 6:34 PM, Dougal said:

I purchased Xvision and Activesky XP.  My clouds are now awesome;-)))

No more lengthy update processes such as the recent P3Dv4.5.5.5.5.5.5.5........  - heaven;-)

I too use Xvision, and it greatly improves the appearance of clouds (and sky, and lighting, and...).  I wouldn't fly without it.  I just wish that the clouds extended much farther from the aircraft.  It's disappointing in a complete overcast with good visibility to see the edge of the clouds all around.  I'm sure this will improve over time, with new products and/or updates.  I use ActiveSky, ASCA and ENVSHADE for P3D.  Maybe I need to add ActiveSky XP to Xplane.  I have used FSGRW so far with X-Plane with decent results.  As far as P3D goes, I stopped updating after v4.3, and probably won't consider updating until v5 is released.  For me, v4.3 and the addons I use run great on my system, and I grew very tired of frequent incremental updates.

Gerald

12 hours ago, GolfMikeBravo said:

I too use Xvision, and it greatly improves the appearance of clouds (and sky, and lighting, and...).  I wouldn't fly without it.  I just wish that the clouds extended much farther from the aircraft.  It's disappointing in a complete overcast with good visibility to see the edge of the clouds all around.  I'm sure this will improve over time, with new products and/or updates.  I use ActiveSky, ASCA and ENVSHADE for P3D.  Maybe I need to add ActiveSky XP to Xplane.  I have used FSGRW so far with X-Plane with decent results.  As far as P3D goes, I stopped updating after v4.3, and probably won't consider updating until v5 is released.  For me, v4.3 and the addons I use run great on my system, and I grew very tired of frequent incremental updates.

Gerald

Hi Gerald.  I wouldn't want to fly XP-11 without ActiveSky now.  It's a brilliant weather engine.

• Upvote 1

As above, I still run both but I do find myself flying significantly more in x-plane than P3D. I think the main thing positive for me in x-plane are visuals - inside and outside the cockpit are more realistic. Visuals are much more fluid too.

I don't have a scenery investment in P3D so keeping it does not cost me any disk space. Given I've wrote my own first officer for two planes (to decrease my workload when entering & leaving runway) is my big investment and I would not know where to start in P3D

-Carl

Dougal.

Pilot 2 ATC has a very nice flight plan feature.  I too have FSC but  haven't used it much since installing Pilot 2 Atc. And it is a really good ATC program. It gives you a 10 day free trial to check it out so nothing to loose.

Dennis

Dennis Elliott

1 hour ago, sunnydaze said:

Dougal.

Pilot 2 ATC has a very nice flight plan feature.  I too have FSC but  haven't used it much since installing Pilot 2 Atc. And it is a really good ATC program. It gives you a 10 day free trial to check it out so nothing to loose.

Dennis

Thanks Dennis will check it out...

Im in exactly the same boat as you. From the days of FS4 to years of FSX and much money spent on Orbx. Four months ago I uninstalled it all. It was a sad feeling, FSX kept me busy for years but the creaking old ESP engine was really showing its age and no matter how you dress it up with 3rd party addons its still an ancient engine. 

Like you I found it too clunky and I only want one sim , and its gonna be the new one.

XP11 really is a breath of fresh air and its the SMALL things that made the huge difference. Remember the TEDIOUS task of setting views in FSX. Now in XP11 rapidly move in the XYZ axis, set a view you like, CTRL+numpad = done! 

And the LUA scripts...the default 737 (and the Zibo). I mean I could just go on and on.

Thanks for the years of fun MSFSX but its time to move on. 

Still nothing as good as good old ATP and AS2 :-/

But XP11 looks pretty much like the future in terms of civil flightsimming...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...