Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

X-Plane 11 Lock Stock & Barrel!

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, GolfMikeBravo said:

I still fly both (X-plane and P3D).  Until there is comprehensive ATC for X-Plane that fully interacts with AI traffic, and improved AI traffic, I can't fully part with P3D.  I also like the weather depiction in P3D better, but Xenviro sure has some great looking technology in the works for X-Plane.  Looking forward to their next release version.

Gerald

I purchased Xvision and Activesky XP.  My clouds are now awesome;-)))

No more lengthy update processes such as the recent P3Dv4.5.5.5.5.5.5.5........  - heaven;-)

Edited by Dougal

Windows 10 (x64) - X-Plane 11 - M/B: Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero - CPU: i7 7700k (@5.0GHz) - RAM: 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200MHz - Video: GTX1080ti - Cooling: Custom water loop (EK 140 Revo D5 pump/res combo, EK EVO CPU block, EK XE360 Rad)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 6:34 PM, Dougal said:

I purchased Xvision and Activesky XP.  My clouds are now awesome;-)))

No more lengthy update processes such as the recent P3Dv4.5.5.5.5.5.5.5........  - heaven;-)

I too use Xvision, and it greatly improves the appearance of clouds (and sky, and lighting, and...).  I wouldn't fly without it.  I just wish that the clouds extended much farther from the aircraft.  It's disappointing in a complete overcast with good visibility to see the edge of the clouds all around.  I'm sure this will improve over time, with new products and/or updates.  I use ActiveSky, ASCA and ENVSHADE for P3D.  Maybe I need to add ActiveSky XP to Xplane.  I have used FSGRW so far with X-Plane with decent results.  As far as P3D goes, I stopped updating after v4.3, and probably won't consider updating until v5 is released.  For me, v4.3 and the addons I use run great on my system, and I grew very tired of frequent incremental updates.

Gerald

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, GolfMikeBravo said:

I too use Xvision, and it greatly improves the appearance of clouds (and sky, and lighting, and...).  I wouldn't fly without it.  I just wish that the clouds extended much farther from the aircraft.  It's disappointing in a complete overcast with good visibility to see the edge of the clouds all around.  I'm sure this will improve over time, with new products and/or updates.  I use ActiveSky, ASCA and ENVSHADE for P3D.  Maybe I need to add ActiveSky XP to Xplane.  I have used FSGRW so far with X-Plane with decent results.  As far as P3D goes, I stopped updating after v4.3, and probably won't consider updating until v5 is released.  For me, v4.3 and the addons I use run great on my system, and I grew very tired of frequent incremental updates.

Gerald

Hi Gerald.  I wouldn't want to fly XP-11 without ActiveSky now.  It's a brilliant weather engine.

  • Upvote 1

Windows 10 (x64) - X-Plane 11 - M/B: Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero - CPU: i7 7700k (@5.0GHz) - RAM: 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200MHz - Video: GTX1080ti - Cooling: Custom water loop (EK 140 Revo D5 pump/res combo, EK EVO CPU block, EK XE360 Rad)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As above, I still run both but I do find myself flying significantly more in x-plane than P3D. I think the main thing positive for me in x-plane are visuals - inside and outside the cockpit are more realistic. Visuals are much more fluid too.

I don't have a scenery investment in P3D so keeping it does not cost me any disk space. Given I've wrote my own first officer for two planes (to decrease my workload when entering & leaving runway) is my big investment and I would not know where to start in P3D

-Carl


Carl Beeby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dougal.

Pilot 2 ATC has a very nice flight plan feature.  I too have FSC but  haven't used it much since installing Pilot 2 Atc. And it is a really good ATC program. It gives you a 10 day free trial to check it out so nothing to loose.

Dennis


Dennis Elliott
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sunnydaze said:

Dougal.

Pilot 2 ATC has a very nice flight plan feature.  I too have FSC but  haven't used it much since installing Pilot 2 Atc. And it is a really good ATC program. It gives you a 10 day free trial to check it out so nothing to loose.

Dennis

Thanks Dennis will check it out...


Windows 10 (x64) - X-Plane 11 - M/B: Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero - CPU: i7 7700k (@5.0GHz) - RAM: 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200MHz - Video: GTX1080ti - Cooling: Custom water loop (EK 140 Revo D5 pump/res combo, EK EVO CPU block, EK XE360 Rad)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im in exactly the same boat as you. From the days of FS4 to years of FSX and much money spent on Orbx. Four months ago I uninstalled it all. It was a sad feeling, FSX kept me busy for years but the creaking old ESP engine was really showing its age and no matter how you dress it up with 3rd party addons its still an ancient engine. 

Like you I found it too clunky and I only want one sim , and its gonna be the new one.

XP11 really is a breath of fresh air and its the SMALL things that made the huge difference. Remember the TEDIOUS task of setting views in FSX. Now in XP11 rapidly move in the XYZ axis, set a view you like, CTRL+numpad = done! 

And the LUA scripts...the default 737 (and the Zibo). I mean I could just go on and on.

Thanks for the years of fun MSFSX but its time to move on. 


i7 920 @ 3.00Ghz // GTX 1060 6GB // 12GB DDR3 // Win10 Pro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still nothing as good as good old ATP and AS2 :-/

But XP11 looks pretty much like the future in terms of civil flightsimming...


Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

Uninstalling flightsims is a temptation I can never resist...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    34%
    $8,560.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...