Sign in to follow this  
Enko

FSXWX Down

It looks as though FSXWX isn't working, cant download in the app (WX DATA initial download failed) and the site is offline. Hope it comes back, I really like it as a weather engine.

You're correct - FSXWX has stopped functioning, including the Site.   I haven't been able to use it for about five days now.    I have gone over to FSrealWX:  https://www.fsrealwx.net/    A much better weather engine, though it appears that there's a limited use of about three weeks.   I believe registration is required - not sure about any payment.

Chris

I just tried to install FSREALWX 3.0 but my malware app keeps blocking the installer process as a "PUP" type of  threat(?)  

6 hours ago, Angels40 said:

I have gone over to FSrealWX:  https://www.fsrealwx.net/    A much better weather engine, though it appears that there's a limited use of about three weeks.   I believe registration is required - not sure about any payment.

That is with full functionality, all the bells and such.
The basic weather engine keeps working ( and working well I must add ) after the trial.  
Been using it for years.

The one drawback? - slight nagware, not bad, just an inconvenience.
After a few starts it either downloads a reset / update with auto updates off or has a startup counter in it.
The settings get put back into default release. 😞 No problem - Takes less than a minute to change to your preferred.
EDIT - Just seen there is a major update - above is applicable to "my" current version - v2.04.863, unknown about new version 

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

On 5/14/2019 at 8:29 PM, overspeed3 said:

I just tried to install FSREALWX 3.0 but my malware app keeps blocking the installer process as a "PUP" type of  threat(?)  

I didn't get the warning of a Potentially Unwanted Program at my installation.  I've used it for a few days and there doesn't appear to be any problems.   For that matter, Malwarebytes quarantines Advanced System Care as a PUP, and I've had that for donkey's years.   So, it's up to you whether to go ahead with installing it or not.

Chris

Edited by Angels40
Spelling error

20 hours ago, spokes2112 said:

That is with full functionality, all the bells and such.
The basic weather engine keeps working ( and working well I must add ) after the trial.  
Been using it for years.

The one drawback? - slight nagware, not bad, just an inconvenience.
After a few starts it either downloads a reset / update with auto updates off or has a startup counter in it.
The settings get put back into default release. 😞 No problem - Takes less than a minute to change to your preferred.
EDIT - Just seen there is a major update - above is applicable to "my" current version - v2.04.863, unknown about new version 

Thanks for that info, Spokes2112 - didn't know that it worked after the Trial period.   Was going to register anyway.

Chris

Seems to be off tonight getting an error:

simconnect established

FSUIPC established

WXDATA Initial download failed

connection closed

Hope it comes back on line soon.

Berlopez

I have v.1.6.1

Anyone know if this app. is going to work sometime in the near future ?

Berlopez

Chris: Thanks for your reply and advice. Inmediately after reading it I went to the site using your link. yes there on the Top Right Corner v.1.6.2 is offered. But when I click on anything any of the tabs or the download buttom at the Top Right, nothing happens ? It's as if the site was down.

Anyone know anything about this.

Berlopez

That's peculiar. I just went to the site & it downloaded fine. I guess you also tried the green box with the down arrow?  Would your browser be stopping access to that site?

Chris

Hi Chris, thanks for your reply and guidelines; Yes I have clicked on the Green ball with the arrow and it downloads a file to my downloads in windows 10, It downloads a program.exe when i try to run this windows blocks it as unwanted and dangerous. I know this is a common fault...Even if I try to run it anyway and execute it into a temp. folder in my desktop it gives me a result of another .exe with the old FSXWX v1.6.1...Not the new v1.6.2. I just changed to Google Chrome, wonder if that could be the reason ?If it were how can I change my browser to be able to download the file ?

Now very computer inadequate: Berlopez

Despite all my attempts  to download from the link, NADA And I don't know how to fix my browser? I found another option: FSRealWX and downloaded that instead, works like a charm...but the final download the Green bar takes forever to run ( 15 mins) there after I get a preatty good weather picture.

Berlopez 

Glad you got that sorted out Bernardo.  I did try the downloads before recommending them to you, and they seemed to download easily. However, I didn't want to run the Setup.exe: I use Chrome.  

Chris

Hi Chris, thanks for your reply and guidelines; Yes I have clicked on the Green ball with the arrow and it downloads a file to my downloads in windows 10, It downloads a program.exe when i try to run this windows blocks it as unwanted and dangerous. I know this is a common fault...Even if I try to run it anyway and execute it into a temp. folder in my desktop it gives me a result of another .exe with the old FSXWX v1.1.1.0...Not the new