Sign in to follow this  
Enko

FSXWX Down

Yes I changed my browser to Chrome thinking it would facilitate my navigating and make it more safe the net, but as you know it blocks almost everything and for us that aren't computer savi, to go and guessplay with all those settings, specially in win10, would be the same to try to design win8 blind folded. Anyway so far I am satisfied with FSRealWXv3.0 weather download picture, but not for the time it takes to download... up to 14 mins.Whereas FSXWX wa inmediate. I still have to check our internet speed, which is a service my wife was offered from her work, so it's not the fastest, We are selling and moving in August so I don't want to invest in something better for this place as I want to benefit from it, there where we move a bit North from here to a flat.

Bernardo

Edited by Berlopez

I think there is a time limit (30 days trial period) with FSRealWX3.0, as I still have mine & it won't allow me to use it as the trial period has expired. Whereas with FSXWX & FSRealWXPro, they still continued to work minus some of its capabilities.

Re: the long time it takes to download:  is this when you're flying (when you get such a long pause) or at the initial download when starting up the program?   That is far too long, even for a slow internet. Have you been into your settings & checked whether the distance of weather stations to your aircraft is set to a smaller area, say, 50 Nm or 100 Nm?   If you're unhappy with it, or don't want to proceed with purchasing it, then just PM me (if you're comfortable in sending me an email address) so I can send you my copies of the various weather programs I have from Hanse Coders.   However, I will be away from my main computer from 22nd July for a month so won't be able to access the programs to send to you.

Chris

You are right Chris there is a 30 day trial period (28 left for me) with FSRealWX3.0. I 'd say for obvious reasons it stops working after that period has expired, as you write FSXWX will continue to work as this program is free. I am not sure or aquianted with FSRealWXPro, or if it changes name after one has purchased it? (20EU)

My long loading time is at the beggining of the program when I click on Load Weather Tab and the green bar beggins to run, it says 14 mins.FSXWX took a fraction of the time to load. Almost unnoticeable. All I had to do was to maximize my window to full screen and the weather would be loaded to something very similar to what i could see outside my house windows,considering the closest weather station would be Værløse just some 2 to 2.5 miles from here. I can actually see the radar of the station if I stand on the roof of my house. I too will be away a bit the next few days, for reasons I mentioned before,,(We're moving) so my correspondance will be erratic. I don't know how to check the distance of the weather stations to my aircraft ?

My internet Speeds: DWN:13.6 Mbps & Up 0.9 Mbps

Thanks for your kind reply Chris:

Bernardo

Edited by Berlopez

Your download speed is on the low side, but I still don't think that for the initial start up of the program it should take as long as 14 minutes. That's not right - sounds like it's trying to connect to something that is not evident. 

To check your Settings: after you open up the program (and you can do it without FSX running), go into Settings (I can't see mine as the trial period is over), but Settings could be under FSrealWX or Tools Tab at the top. 

When in Settings, under the General Tab, untick Check for New Version & check that your path to your FSX.exe is correct, but adjust the other Settings to your wishes.   

Then go to the Weather Tab:  again, you can adjust anything here as you like, but under Weather Mode, I have (had) mine set to Direct (FSUIPC or Simconnect or XPlane);  Range set to 100 Nm or less;  and Weather Source (I've set to NOAA).  

Interface Tab:  choose FSUIPC & SimConnect.   Other Settings as per your wishes.   So try this out and see if there's any difference - you can always change the Settings later on, even while flying.

My FSRealWXPro I downloaded that from their Site a few years ago, but you're right, it doesn't seem to be there on their Site anymore.  Anyway, I have it with me if you need it & it works in basic mode after the trial period is over.

Chris

Good evening Chris, Yes I know my download speed is on the low side. As I wrote before it would be dumb to invest on a better connection now thaat we've sold and are moving a bit North from here later in August, then and there I would invest in a better connection.

I tried the FSrealWX settings you reccomended above and went to try them out, preatty much the same. the mayor change is instead of 14 minutes it showed 15 !?..., Then while the Green bar was running I opened the sim which I had minimized to taskbar and the weather had already ALAS! loaded.

Thanks for your kind offer of FSRealWXPro 

Bernardo

Hi Chris, sorry I left the topic. I decided for FSRealWX3.0 which is aa simular application, But with the difference it takes 15 minutes to download the weather !? After using it all this time, I gave my DeskTop icon of FSWX a try and got the same error after it connected to simconnect and FSUIPC ??, I figured it was still down or my download or sim  were in the Fritz! I am not one that gives up easy, so I tried one of the other (older) FSWX downloads I had in my downloads folder and Voila I found v.1.0.0.0. dated 4.6.20 and it connected and dowloaded actual weather in a matter of seconds.

Hi again Chris and B.T.W: The download weather times of this program FSRealWX.3.0 is 15 mins. as this is the time described in the users guide. I'd like to add I don't want to be missunderstood that I am badmouthing thiss program as it work like a charm. the only downside is the long loading time; Though I figured that once the Green bar runs for the first time and loads the airports the weather will load, and one can check this by going to the airport of your choice loading and then choosing "Active Runway"

Berlopz 

Hi Bernardo, 

I'm glad that you've got the weather program loading at a much quicker time, albeit you had to revert to a much older version of it.  I don't think I had the weather load for any more than a few seconds to any of those weather programs.  My routine is first to load the aircraft that was saved at a particular airport, then set up the flight plan, the clock to the departure airport's time & then minimize FSX so as to then launch FSrealWXPro. So FSX is already running when I then launch the weather program.  Then it straight away commences its weather download & applying it to the airport's vicinity: 150 Nm radius is my setting. And this process just takes up to 20 seconds depending on the amount of weather stations within that radius.  Of course, in the U.S & Europe, the download is a little longer because of the amount of stations there, but in Asia for instance, it would take about 10 seconds.  So, am not sure where the bottleneck is with your FSXWX.

Anyway, thanks for the update & trust you've dealt with your other issues.

Chris

'Morning Chris, as you can see I am at it right now, Just checked and right after I load my default flight here in Copenhagen Kastrup I then minimize window, thenII double click FSXWX icon on desktop ( Run as administarator). As per instructions, then click connect then it tells me simconnect established, FSUIPC established I then wait a bit and it then loads the weather and all it's parameters, wind direction, QNH, etc,etc...Then Iminimize that window and the weather is already loaded innto FSX, I then tell it to put my default plane to Active Runway, and that is it. As you say the process takes about 20 seconds; It loads about 61 weather stations. Yes I have managed fixes for my other issues; Thanks for your imputs and patients:

Bernardo