Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

FS9 now almost FSX

I did forget about the 5.1 surround sound, that should be good.

Guest tcable

It also appears that they have overhauled a lot under the hood with aircraft systems. the blog I saw (sorry I forget where) hints that it's more of a simulation now.The earth is mostly round now. Still some issues at teh poles, but that is geography. Even a 777 cannont directly overfly the poles! They need to offset by a few miles not in LNAV.

>Let's see, even after your most cherished enhancements you>still won't get the following:>7. Improved ATCWhat about Radar Contact 4. It gives me enhanced ATC.>9. Enhanced weather systemsAS6 enhances the weather system.

heck, this is almost word for word the kind of nonsense that was posted after the FS9 screenshots were released.Then too there was a rather vocal group shouting that FS9 was no better than FS2002 with some addons, that there were just a few small changes in the eyecandy and that it should be a free "fixpack" to FS2002...The non-visual changes can't be seen in a screenshot and of course there are more than enough people who will disbelieve anything a Microsoft person tells them (because we all know everyone working for Microsoft is by definition Evil © ® tm (p).

Guest Id Rather Be Flying

>>Let's see, even after your most cherished enhancements you>>still won't get the following:>>>7. Improved ATC>>What about Radar Contact 4. It gives me enhanced ATC.>>>9. Enhanced weather systems>>AS6 enhances the weather system.>>I can possibly give you Radar Contact but not AS6 since it doesn't change the core of how the clouds are generated. Go to the spot view and look down on your aircraft during a broken or scattered sky condition and let me know how you feel about clouds rotating around your aircraft as you get close to them. Then once you notice this anomoly while sitting in the cockpit VC and looking out your window, you'll see a nice flat cloud float by. REALLY helps with the immersion! :-lolCarmine http://forums.avsim.net/images/wave.gifhttp://img155.imageshack.us/img155/7118/phoenixtp8mg.jpg

Hi Carmine,Along those same lines we could ask how many times you have climbed outside a plane and looked down from above?!!!Remember that the rotating clouds are a graphics engine issue, not a weather engine issue!Hope this helps,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/Active Sky V6 Development TeamActive Sky V6 Proud SupporterHiFi Beta TeamRadar Contact Supporter

Guest jrobert

>Remember that the rotating clouds are a graphics engine issue,>not a weather engine issue!It becomes a weather engine issue if it suddenly becomes possible to parachute from the aircraft in FSX! :(

Guest Id Rather Be Flying

>Hi Carmine,>>Along those same lines we could ask how many times you have>climbed outside a plane and looked down from above?!!!>>Remember that the rotating clouds are a graphics engine issue,>not a weather engine issue!>>Hope this helps,>Jim>>http://www.hifisim.com/>Active Sky V6 Development Team>Active Sky V6 Proud Supporter>HiFi Beta Team>Radar Contact SupporterExactly Jim, it is FS programming not your addon software. That's why I said in the beginning about the things you CAN'T get right now even with all the precious addons! Only with new core engine programming.Take care for now!Carmine http://forums.avsim.net/images/wave.gifhttp://img155.imageshack.us/img155/7118/phoenixtp8mg.jpg

I just wish I had enough money to buy a new system to be able to run fsx somewhat smoothly considering how fs9 runs ion my system, ive got no chance with fsx ah well maybe if i save up my cents one day when i grow big and strong ill be able to buy a new system lol but for now im not strong enough to convince my better half to invest in a new system

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Guest koorby

FSX will blow FS9 out of the water, out of the box. And 12 months from now the first of the FSX 3rd party addons will make your jaw drop. Meantime, there's still a lot of fun to be had with FS9 in the next 9 months ....

And alot will remain a freeware too :-roll

Guest Bell206freak

What the #### is wrong with freeware?

>FSX will blow FS9 out of the water, out of the box. And 12>months from now the first of the FSX 3rd party addons will>make your jaw drop. Meantime, there's still a lot of fun to be>had with FS9 in the next 9 months ....you know this for a fact? because there isn't that much difference between fs8 and 9...