Sign in to follow this  
clive6354

Environment Force + Skyforce + realtime 3D cloud Model

Hello

I apologise if this question has been asked before in this forum but at the moment unable to find an answer.

When using Environment Force with Skyforce do I have to start Skyforce and leave it running whilst running Environment Force so that real-time 3D cloud Models can be updated and syncronised?

Clive Alexander

2 minutes ago, clive6354 said:

When using Environment Force with Skyforce do I have to start Skyforce and leave it running whilst running Environment Force so that real-time 3D cloud Models can be updated and syncronised?

For structures as far as I am awer of - yes. For cloud textures and syncronisation of cloudtyps - NO. I have them both running.

MCE_banner_272_68.jpg

no  need  to  have  sf  running  if  you  got  ef  opened  unless  your  using  sf  weather  engine

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

@clive6354 @Rasterfahnder If you own another weather engine (e.g. ASP4) you DON'T need to run SF3D when you use EF! If I'm not mistaken you find this information also in the manuals.

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

As Rasterfahnder already stated, realtime cloud model sync requires SF to run in the background:

this is from one of the devs (timest999) in the official forum:

If you want to use the Weather Engine from SF: Start and leave SF open.

If you want to use the Real-Time Cloud MODEL sync from SF: Start and leave SF open.

If you want to simply use the sync functions ONLY from EF/SF: No need to start SF or leave open.

1 hour ago, Woozie said:

As Rasterfahnder already stated, realtime cloud model sync requires SF to run in the background:

this is from one of the devs (timest999) in the official forum:

This is what happens when one does not read the entire topic... Please read the entire discussion. The clear answer was some posts below the one you shared....

https://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/50936-ef-and-sf3d-rstough-and-timest999/&do=findComment&comment=316341

Edited by GEKtheReaper
  • Like 2

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

2 minutes ago, GEKtheReaper said:

This is what happens when one does not read the entire topic... Please read the entire discussion. The clear answer was some posts below tha one you shared....

https://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/50936-ef-and-sf3d-rstough-and-timest999/&do=findComment&comment=316341

fair enough, didn't know this was corrected later on, it was added after i read this thread. Looks like even the devs are sometimes confused by how rex products actually work together

• Like 1

@GEKtheReaper Could you post a quote from that link so we don't have register/login?

@Woozie If their own developers struggle to understand it, what hope do the users have!? I posted a thread on Avsim recently because I was confused about the functionality of EF+SF and I'm not much wiser now, it's very hard to make an informed purchasing decision.

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

9 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

Could you post a quote from that link so we don't have register/login?

Close SF  Was the last thing said by Dev.

• Like 1

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

The only reason and I've said it before, you only need to keep SF open if you use the weather engine. Like I've said before if you dont....you do NOT need to have SF open with EF.

It's as clear as that guys.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

think users  are  making   all  this  too difficult 😀

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Use to be that Real-Time Cloud MODEL sync was achieved by integrating ASCA with Activesky. Now that feature has been integrated in EF which makes ASCA irrelevant. 

I've used SF's weather engine with EF's smoothing feature and while it does a better job of integration it still has problems like clouds appearing out of thin air so instead of a sudden  jarring pop like before they slowly come into existence as it were. So ActiveSky' s weather engine is still king of the hill. 

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb