Sign in to follow this  
Guest sclincoln

Why so little update on MSFS team members blogs?

Guest Arlei

The title says it all :)Thanks,

Guest Bell206freak

I have a feeling that we may see more FSX previews as the result of E3.. I hope I'm not wrong, and I hope that if I'm right, the new previews we see blow any we've seen so far out of the water!

Posts like that give a good reason for not even starting a blog.

Thinking positively (which is always healthier) I would like to think due to the upcoming shows and the nearing Beta -> RTM stages of the product, that the guys and girls are deeply entrenched in hammering out the final product features and goodies.I would wonder if they were spending all their time posting about what they are doing, even a small update, would take away from development time or perhaps the more important personal time with family and friends in what little free time they might have right now.Sit back relax, and patiently wait for the flood of new information that will happen in the comings months. I am certainly excited about what is coming.[hr color=#000000][table border=0" width="98%" id="table1" height="4" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2][td width=500]Jason[br /]General Aviation Fan[br][/b]P4 3.2Ghz, 1GB Ram, FX5900 128MB, XP SP2.[br /][br /]

It might also be edict, corporate saying, time to work folks, we got the input we needed, we started the anticipatory juices flowing, now it's time to put the nose to the grind stone and finish this thing.Remember - any time they spend here answering our silly questions is time they are NOT spending fleshing out those feature requests we keep making.In the meantime, we know they are still reading our stuff here, so lets keep the positive discussion going :)Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com/FC_StartJava.html] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

There's no conspiracy and no edict of silence. We're just really really busy right now working on FSX. Our lead artist (pixelpoke) hasn't even had time to get a haircut for the last six months, but he's probably more hard-core than most of us. :-)-Adam

Guest JoJoDawg

>Posts like that give a good reason for not even starting a>blog.Posts like this give a good reason to learn how NOT to click reply.

I give the FS team wide latitude and the benefit of the doubt on most topics, but that's just not good enough in my book. Too busy to write essentially one email a week to your hardest-core customers? "Z" has written exactly 2 blog entries (both useless) all year.You're either committed to communicating with the community, or you're not. Which is it?

ugcx_banner.png

Hi,You are kidding right? I see no Smilies in your post so I guess not.Since the release of FS04 they:Have had resarch group meetings at some large cities across the USA.Online surveyData gathering surveyDesignated an e-mail address for suggestionsSet up their own blogsBegan PUBLICLY participating in some FS forumsTalked to many about FSXPosted Beta screen shotsAnd moreAnd yet, even knowing they are busy doing many things all at once, that is STILL not good enough in your book?It is posts like this that will make them think differently in the future.Hope this helps,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/Active Sky V6 Development TeamActive Sky V6 Proud SupporterHiFi Beta TeamRadar Contact Supporter

>I give the FS team wide latitude and the benefit of the doubt>on most topics, but that's just not good enough in my book. >>>Too busy to write essentially one email a week to your>hardest-core customers? >>"Z" has written exactly 2 blog entries (both useless) all>year.>>You're either committed to communicating with the community,>or you're not. Which is it?Really hope you are joking, if not you need a serious attitude adjustment.Wanna talk about a useless entry, re-read yours.Regards, MichaelKDFWhttp://www.calvirair.com/mcpics/mcdcvabanner.jpgCalVirAir International

Best, Michael

KDFW

They're marketing their product, Jim. They're the ones who decided on this approach (which I like). But if their chosen approach is going to work, they have to see it through. There are, what, 8-10 of them blogging? Even 1-2 new entries per week from the group as a whole would be an improvement. I'd be very surprised if the FS team didn't agree their frequency is too low these days. It's not the end of the world, of course, but yes I am serious.

ugcx_banner.png

It's called constructive criticism. I think they're much more open to it than you give them credit.

ugcx_banner.png

I'm sure they are open to constructive criticism, I just don't view your post as "constructive".I see their blogging as an extra, not a part of the development even if it was a marketing decision or not. Therefore, I am happy with whatever info they can give and have given and would rather that they just work on the product and post info when they can. This is the most involved they have been with the community and I am thankful for it, so I see no need to go around "demanding" things from them. It's not like you should lose any sleep over it if they don't blog. BTW by "seeing it through" I expect the final product, not the hype.Regards, MichaelKDFWhttp://www.calvirair.com/mcpics/mcdcvabanner.jpgCalVirAir International

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest robby88

The blogs are the devs' own personal blogs. They are not official Microsoft blogs and are not part of any MS marketing strategy.Writing blogs can be time consuming and are a major distraction that the guys probably don't need when the pressure is on. If they are too busy to write then we just have to accept it.There have been interesting blog posts this month by Sebby and P-12C Pilot.