Sign in to follow this  
Guest sclincoln

Why so little update on MSFS team members blogs?

Guest tdragger

Um, we don't get paid to write them, you know. It's all on our own time. Given I have very little at the moment I'm choosing not to blog for a bit.

>Um, we don't get paid to write them, you know. It's all on>our own timeOkay, well that changes my opinion then. If you're doing it more or less as hobbyists, that's a different story. I apologize.

ugcx_banner.png

Busy people give up their own time to start a blog and then they get complaints because they don't update them as often as some other people would like. Seems a good enough reason to me for not bothering to start a blog if it's going to generate complaints.

Guest Arlei

>Busy people give up their own time to start a blog and then>they get complaints because they don't update them as often as>some other people would like. >>Seems a good enough reason to me for not bothering to start a>blog if it's going to generate complaints.Who are complaining?!?Ask != Complaint:)

Guest Arlei

Me too.Thank you for a great reply, Jason

Guest Arlei

Hey Mike,Thanks for replying.Please don't misunderstand my post. It is not a complaint, but an honest curiosity.

Guest sclincoln

Here is a blog post reply from P-12C Pilot about this very topic:"We love enthusiastic users and I know it's difficult to curb your enthusiasm when asking questions. No problem, just realize most of us have little or no say on how we market the product or how that marketing plan plays out over time. When we were in the final video capture session for E3 yesterday I asked our marketing person the same questions. I wouldn't expect much of anything until E3 (which isn't far away), then it will start to flow a little faster or more frequently and will increase in volume until we release. We are being tight lipped simply because we want to make a big splash at key times and in key places. If we all blab too much, we could hinder our ability to do that. P-12C"I would think the absence of blogs would be a result of a) they're too busy preparing for E3, and :( they don't want to spoil the "big splash" they plan to make at E3. Probably more a) than :(. Of course, all us are getting impatient for more information about FSX. I, myself, have collected 98 screenshots, set up an RSS reader to check all the dev blogs in real time, and scan multiple FS forums on at least a daily basis. So, I understand how frustrated some of us can get when the well runs dry and we go a while without any substantial news. I just hope the developers understand that it all comes from our enthusiasm for the product and some of us don't handle chomping at the bit quite as well as we should.

Ask/Complaining - A distinction without a difference in this case.See the complaining responses it's generated:

>Um, we don't get paid to write them, you know. It's all on>our own time. Given I have very little at the moment I'm>choosing not to blog for a bit.I've just seen your latest blog entry, Mike. Very good! :-lol

Guest sclincoln

>>> In my opinion....you both need help:-lol >>>..or a life, LOL ;-)>>Regards, Michael>KDFWThis coming from someone with over 3000 posts on this site.