Sign in to follow this  
bjablonka8120

After HotFix P3 does not start

I just updated P3 4.5 with the HotFix and getting an error saying that P3 needs at least one airport, VOR , NDB etc and will now close. I tried to do a full install several time but it still does not work. I would very much appreciate any ideas.

Thanks

Bernd

Removed wxr DLL?...so the topic “hotfix out”, it’s discussed there.

Luke Pype

This message is displayed if the scenery.cfg is corrupted and not read by P3D, then the simulator "thinks" that everything is missing (no airports, no NDB and nothing without scenery.cfg). Do you use ORBX with FTX Central? If yes, run FTX Central and use the "force migration" option once. It should cure scenery.cfg errors...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Thank you so much. I tried to run FTX Central but P3 did not show up on the list of simulators although I have several products from them. All I see is XP11, FSX. I do not understand.

Best

Bernd

Hi, 

I had a lot of problems with my installation and trying to resolve I finished repairing p3dv4.5 setup and got the message after loading p3d about scnery not finding base, orbx, and other sceneries. After opening scenery.cfg and check the folders path I found that after repairing p3d was installed in the default path instead where I had my p3d installation. Maybe just happened to you the same, so just check which folders do you already have where you p3d.exe file is currently located. 

I spent all the day with CTD's unable to launch the gui of p3d till I renamed dll.xml and found the issue cames from one of my dlls loaded. 

May be that helps. 

Cheers 

Gumerson

Thanks Gumerson, my scenery.cfg file is on my c drive although P3 is installed on the d drive. However, now I am missing my P3.exe file although I uninstalled P3 and reinstalled it again. It is still not there. I think I am losing it, lol.

Best

Bernd

Thank you everyone. I installed it in the wrong directory as you suggested, so glad you did. Again, thanks so much.

Bernd

• Like 1

So frustrated, I am getting now te same message again which I stated in the first note. The scenery file is in the same directory the new P3 installation is in which is on my d drive. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks so much

Bernd

Take a deep breath - uninstall complete P3D.

Delete the following generated folders/files. This will result in any add-ons being removed/disabled.

%PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

%APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

reboot

reinstall

exhale.

Vic

• Like 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I'm not sure what you mean here. Are you saying this will remove all add-ons? I sure hope not since it would take days to reinstall everything that was working fine before this hotfix.

Pete Locascio

All will be either disabled or removed.If the sim isn't running, what good are the addons? Depending on your addons, you could back them up and reinstall should be simple. Those installed using the xml method will be no problem.

you can also try just deleting the dll.xml, exe.xml and p3d.cfg files( make copies first). If the sim runs, then start adding back the entries in the dll.xml file.

Delete the scenery.cfg file and see if P3D can rebuild a fresh one.

There are many options but the complete reinstall is the easiest.

With proper backups and using the xml addon method I can do a complete reinstall in less than an hour.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I guess what several us would like to know, is why is this happening with the new build? The previous one worked fine. I did a complete reinstall/clean install of this new version. 

Sometimes the sim will start and sometimes it won't, which makes this even more strange.

Pete Locascio

Hi, 

About the dll.xml I sugest you just only need to set to "True" the value at the corresponding dll as I show in my current dll.xml file: 

Spoiler

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="AceXML" version="3,0" id="dll">
  <Descr>AceXML Document</Descr>
  <Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Carenavigraph</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <Path>.\Carenavigraph.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>CMeteoXml</Name>
    <Disabled>True</Disabled>
    <Path>.\CMeteoXml.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>WebSimXML</Name>
    <Path>.\WebSimBrowser\2.1\64\WebSimXML.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>PMDG_Interface</Name>
    <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_Interface.dll</Path>
    <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
    <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>RAASPRO</Name>
    <Path>.\RAASPRO\RAASPRO.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>WXAdvantage</Name>
    <Disabled>True</Disabled>
    <Path>Modules\MV_WXM.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>REX Environment Force</Name>
    <Path>REXModules\EnvironmentForce_x64.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

If you change     <Disabled>False</Disabled> for     <Disabled>True</Disabled> you will get the corresponding dll unloaded for testing purposses. 

About loosing files or getting your p3d.exe file installed in other directory (the default one in my case) I also had to get into regedit and make a search for C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ and just change strings values to your previous folder. (I don't remember exactly were it was the default Prepar3d folder install if was in Program Files or Program Files (x86) folder). After reinstalling the Client in my custom folder I found that Voxatc was searching for p3d.exe in the default folder. Tweaking the registry like that I got Voxatc working againg. Maybe this helps you. 

I always reinstall client, content, scenry and many times I have installed everything from p3d setup exe without problems before over my previous installation. This has worked for me since P3d V.3 all the updates without reinstalling any addon. I know all you guys rather preffer update only the client. But this is the first time I have got issues installing since setup.exe. I think something has changed too because I never had before this change to default folder with only the exe, simconnect, dlls. 

So if somebody are still having troubles maybe checking the registry would help. Only remember that you shoud backup the registry keys you change exporting them. I didn't do it, but I'm not new tweaking with regedit. 

For this time, and from now on, I will take care not updating through p3dsetup.exe, because I think something have change. 

Cheers

Gumerson 

Maybe this has been answered but here is my problem:

I originally installed P3 in D:\P3v4.5. I then updated the hotfix but missed to install it into D:\P3v4.5 but installed it by mistake into the standard location on my c dirve. The P3.exe as well as all scenery files are on the d drive while the scenery.cfg file is on the c drive location. The is no P3.exe file on the c drive. When I start P3 from the d drive I am getting the message mentioned above that there is not airport, vor etc. Is there any way to delete P3 which is on my c drive if that helps?

Thanks so much.

Bernd

One more thing, I just checked the apps in Windows delete function and saw that I have Prepar3Dv4 Academic with 40gb as well as Prepar3dv4 Academic client with 589mb. Do I need both?

Thanks

Bernd