bjablonka8120

After HotFix P3 does not start

@bjablonka8120 Bernd, let's go to the beginning:

You said you updated P3D with the 4.5 Hotfix. How did you do the update (step by step info needed)?

I will ask further Q after your answer.

PS: I suspect you messed up your P3D completely by either wrong updating or the fact that you installed something in the wrong location.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

12 minutes ago, GEKtheReaper said:

PS: I suspect you messed up your P3D completely by either wrong updating or the fact that you installed something in the wrong location.

Looks like he did as when updating the client it uses automatically the same path then the older version.

I suggest an complete wipe and reinstall of P3D.

I uninstalled the client and then downloaded the full version of P3, incl hotfix and installed it unfortunately on the C drive which is the default location but not the location the previous version was in which was on the D drive. I then uuinstalled the client again and installed the full version this time on the D drive but I guess it was too late. Is there anything I can do to avoid having to delete everything and start over - I have so many addons. Just my stupid mistake.

Thanks

Better you bite the bullet and start from scratch, all you "fix" now will just induce other troubles.

I was afraid you would say this. Is there a clean way to uninstall , with Windows apps utility, any othere files? Can I delete the P3 filefolder ProgramData I have on C? Anything in the registry? Thanks so much for your help.

Bernd

Bernd stay with me on this!

So you unistalled ONLY the Client then installed the HF Complete ( not only the client )? Right?

I gues this is the cause of which you could mistakenly choose another location....

Edited by GEKtheReaper

I´ve sent you a PM. Depending on the number and type of addons you have, and also on luck, we might be able to get you back and running.

If you don't have many addons, then you should indeed uninstall everything followed by deletion of leftover stuff.

Fixed it via TeamViewer.

The HF was fully installed and P3D recreated all necesary files. The error message no longer appeares. OP will now try to do some flights to check he's install.