Sign in to follow this  
RFields5421

FS2004 trafficxxx.bgl files to FSX

Guest Dimon1971

I currently have approximately 450+ xxx.bgls with various AI schedules and one big ADD.bgl files with small cargo, GA and military traffic. I think everyone, who ever build traffic by himself, realizes that this is #### job to do. I'm not even talking about updating process of AI models and liveries.So, the question is - what are the chances that current xxx.bgl structure for AI schedules will be supported for FSX. I'd be more than happy if the answer to this question would be positive and eventually all I'll have to do is to copy my traffic files intp FSX/WHATEVER folder. Otherwise, it will take another 8-10 months of hard work and research.So, your comments, thoughts, ideas are welcome.Thank youDimon

Great question, I doubt we'll get any sort of official answer anytime soon.My gut feeling tells me you should start planning on spending a lot of time redoing your traffic files. They will all be outdated by the time FSX is released anyway :)Matt

Guest Dimon1971

Hi Matt,Glad to see you again.In fact, I realize that schedules themselves will be outdated when FSX hit the shelves. But my question was about xxx.bgl traffic structure. If MS change it, the transition to new traffic system might take couple of years, similar to what happened when FS2002 was released.Personally, I'd be glad if MS will keep the current xxx.bgl-system for traffic and change just ATC and AI-behaviour parameters.

Guest tdragger

You should be able to use your existing traffic files just fine. Of course you won't get any of the new features with the old files but existing functionality should be maintained.

Guest StevenJLN

>You should be able to use your existing traffic files just>fine. Of course you won't get any of the new features with the>old files but existing functionality should be maintained.HMMM New Features!!!Can't Wait :)

Guest Dimon1971

Thanks for the good news.

Would that be traffic files only compiled with TrafficDatabaseBuilder, or would it also include Traffic Tools compiled traffic files?Hopefully none of the new features will cause problems such as those which occured when FS2002 traffic files were used with FS2004.

>>You should be able to use your existing traffic files just>>fine. Of course you won't get any of the new features with>the>>old files but existing functionality should be maintained.>>>HMMM New Features!!!>>Can't Wait :)Thats what I thought... :9