Sign in to follow this  
IncreaseVS

MadDog-X, PMDG 737 NG, or FSLabs A320? | Track IR?

Hello,

Before I go dig myself deeper into the sim-pit; I was curious to hear your opinions about the MadDog-X, PMDG 737 and the FSLabs A320. It is my understanding that the MadDog-X is a newer model coming into P3D and that the PMDG 737, still an extremely realistic and detailed model, is showing it's age. Most expensive of all, the FSLabs A320, is it really that good to justify being almost $60 more than the MD-80 and 737? Additionally, I've heard some pretty negative connotations  about FSLabs especially regarding their malware and graphical bugs.

Unfortunately, I am only interested  spending in filling my hangar with one of these short haul options, that is until PMDG 737NG3 comes out 🙂.

In your opinion, what is the better option for the time being?

---

Also, I am interested in the Track IR system and am wondering if anyone who has it thinks their investment is worth the experience?

Thanks in Advance!

Regards,

Don’t own the MD80 but it gets high praise. So between the NGX and FSL, FSL would be my choice, especially since we’ll probably get the NG3 this year. 

• Like 1

You'll find an extensive discussion of two of your three aircraft choices in this recent thread.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chapstick said:

Don’t own the MD80 but it gets high praise. So between the NGX and FSL, FSL would be my choice, especially since we’ll probably get the NG3 this year. 

Hey,

Thanks! I might bite the bullet on the FSL, I'll have to mull it over for a couple of more days though! I'm a Boeing guy but by no means cannot enjoy a good aircraft!

2 hours ago, Alan_A said:

You'll find an extensive discussion of two of your three aircraft choices in this recent thread.

Thanks, I checked it out!

Regards,

Not gonna add anything about what I said about the Maddog in the other thread. I also own a TrackIr5 that I used mainly in Falcon4 BMS. It is a very good tool quite easy to setup. However it requires wearing a cap with the reflectors while simming, which can be annoying at times for some people. Just be aware of that!

• Like 1

Guillaume

YouTube Channel : The Flying Frog (P3D flying)

My Flickr Gallery : clicky clicky

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D at 4.5 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming RAM: 48 Gb GPU: 1x RTX 4090 OS : Win 11 Display : Philips BD4350UC (4K 43" display) + 1 AOC 21" FHD side display
Hardware: Virpil WarBRD Base with WarBRD Grip OR Warthog Grip, VPC ACE Collection Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Goflight MCP Pro, Custom homecockpit.

9 hours ago, TopGun33 said:

it requires wearing a cap with the reflectors

Not necessarily. I attach the reflector to my headphones which I wear for simming anyway. Just saying.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rafal said:

Not necessarily. I attach the reflector to my headphones which I wear for simming anyway. Just saying.

Yes you are correct. I don't use headphones so I need to wear the cap. But you need the reflectors somewhere anyway though.

• Like 1

Guillaume

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D at 4.5 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming RAM: 48 Gb GPU: 1x RTX 4090 OS : Win 11 Display : Philips BD4350UC (4K 43" display) + 1 AOC 21" FHD side display
Hardware: Virpil WarBRD Base with WarBRD Grip OR Warthog Grip, VPC ACE Collection Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Goflight MCP Pro, Custom homecockpit.

7 minutes ago, TopGun33 said:

you need the reflectors somewhere anyway

True, true. 😏

• Like 1

I do have a track ir and I recommend it. However if you fly only heavies it is less interesting than if you fly GA aircraft. For playing with the fms and so o  it is sometimes better to have a fix view and in such a case the track ir could be annoying. I usually pause in such case. But overall a good buy. And yes I also recommend the ir clip option that is much better than the reflective cap.

I have the fsl and i also highly recommend it you won't be disapointed

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bushido5 said:

For playing with the fms and so o  it is sometimes better to have a fix view and in such a case the track ir could be annoying

For things like this, in my view, TrackIR + ChasePlane is a great combo, of course if you don't mind spending some extra money.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bushido5 said:

I do have a track ir and I recommend it. However if you fly only heavies it is less interesting than if you fly GA aircraft. For playing with the fms and so o  it is sometimes better to have a fix view and in such a case the track ir could be annoying. I usually pause in such case. But overall a good buy. And yes I also recommend the ir clip option that is much better than the reflective cap.

I have the fsl and i also highly recommend it you won't be disapointed

6 hours ago, Rafal said:

For things like this, in my view, TrackIR + ChasePlane is a great combo, of course if you don't mind spending some extra money.

Thanks!

I be shopping around on eBay to see if I can grab a good deal. The only problem is my setup, I have two monitors but only use one to play FS, which happens to be the one 'left' of my primary display.

I used to have the same cnfig and this won't be a problem using Track Ir.

• Like 1

Guillaume