Sign in to follow this  
snomhf

Trouble with ATIS and setting min/max delay

I am struggling with a couple of issues.

First, when I tune ATIS,  xchatter is interrupting the report.   I can't figure this out.

Second, I can't seem to get the min/max delay settings such that there is sufficient quite to interact with ATC.   I have tried all sorts of settings.   Currently I have min set to 80 and max to 90 but chatter continues to come in within seconds (sometimes 5 seconds)!   The odd thing is the frequency of the chatter plays seems to speed up over time.  At first, it seems that it's obeying the 80 second delay but in just a few minutes,  they get faster and faster.   Before long, I'm getting chatter withing just a few seconds.   I can't get a word in edge-wise!  What am I doing wrong?   

The following video clearly shows both of these problems.

http://snomhf.exofire.net/data/Xchatter/xchatter.mp4

I have made screenshots of all my config settings.   You can view them here:

http://snomhf.exofire.net/data/Xchatter

Thanks so much.   Pilot2ATC is the ONLY way to experience ATC in X-Plane hands down!   Love it.   I just wish I could get this particular problem solved.

-mark

Edited by snomhf

Aficionado of MSFS, X-Plane12, Aces High, Wings Over Flanders Fields

i7-9700k@5.0GHz, Nvidia RTX 4070ti(12GB), Z390 AORUS MB, 64GB DDR4, 2TB SSD(560MB/s), Windows 10 Home 64-bit, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR5

Mark,

Thanks for the report and all the details.

You should definitely not be getting the results you are, assuming that you are only using the X-Chatter files and not the X-Chatter player. 

If you haven't updated to version 2.6.0.0, I would recommend you do so.  Then let me know if the problem persists and I will investigate.

Thanks again,

Dave

Hi Dave,

I didn't notice that there was a new update!   Thanks so much for that.

Unfortunately it doesn't address either of these issues.   It might be my imagination but it does seem that the chatter density is a little bit less but certainly nowhere near the 80 second setting.

And no, I'm not trying to use the plugin at the same time.   I did try the plugin to see if the delay variables worked any differently.  The behavior is EXACTLY the same (except ATIS works correctly).   I let Mark know about it.

Thank you so much for the AI traffic button update.  The random controller voices update is great too!!

-mark

Edited by snomhf

i7-9700k@5.0GHz, Nvidia RTX 4070ti(12GB), Z390 AORUS MB, 64GB DDR4, 2TB SSD(560MB/s), Windows 10 Home 64-bit, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR5

I've tried this build and I cant file a flight plan, I can validate it but I cannot file. Nothing happens when I hit FILE.

Cheers, Andy.

It may not be particular to this build, I cant file a plan at all from CYYQ to CYRT with this build, the previous 2.6 or 2.5.0.7

Cheers, Andy.

Andy,

Please save and email me the .vbf file for your flight plan and I'll check it out.  It is likely a data or flight plan issue.

Dave

I know I'm way late on this but just for the record,  I have had not trouble with filing and flying flight plans with this build.