Sign in to follow this  
Jammin16

Better AI airports traffic...

Hi every one,

I have wondered if one could not get the fix, that airport vehicles hold back when a plane crosses their way by taxi into and out of the gate ???

I'm a little tired of always being "hit" when I need to, for example. into the gate. You can see my problem from my posting from Aerosoft's and FlyTampas's forums: http://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=13297 & https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/111371-request-an-trainbusairportaircrafttool-thread/page/19/

Just looking for a username: Jammin16 it's my orginal Flight Sim username!

Best Regards Startour/ Jammin16

Edited by Startour

Don't hold your breath, i'm afraid P3D's traffic engine would need a massive overhaul in order to provide smart traffic. I cant think of any improvements in this regard since P3D was released, so its likely still based on ancient FS tech. 

P3D's ground traffic stupidly follows predefined routes and it isnt aware of its surroundings. Even GSX cant do much about it as it seems, despite utilizing one of the more sophisticated external animation engines. 

Some scenery developers use their own animation system, like Imaginesim using a new(?) 3rd party engine for WSSS ground traffic but none of these custom systems seem to be situation-aware either. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Woozie said:

Don't hold your breath, i'm afraid P3D's traffic engine would need a massive overhaul in order to provide smart traffic. I cant think of any improvements in this regard since P3D was released, so its likely still based on ancient FS tech. 

P3D's ground traffic stupidly follows predefined routes and it isnt aware of its surroundings. Even GSX cant do much about it as it seems, despite utilizing one of the more sophisticated external animation engines. 

Some scenery developers use their own animation system, like Imaginesim using a new(?) 3rd party engine for WSSS ground traffic but none of these custom systems seem to be situation-aware either. 

Hi Woozie

Thnak you for your reply.

word not allowed so that would say that this would not be fixed, the less that those who make the airports themselves program it into their scenery ???

I now remember well, that there were some airports that had that function in FS2004 and FSX. But then I have to try to address those who make airports

FlyTampa, Flightbeam studios, Aerosoft and other scenery creates.

But thank you again Woozi for your reply

Best Regards

Jammni16

Edited by Jammin16

11 hours ago, Jammin16 said:

I have wondered if one could not get the fix, that airport vehicles hold back when a plane crosses their way by taxi into and out of the gat

Hi,

that depends on how those vehicles have been created in the first place. Many scenery developers use animations for this, and that technology is indeed unaware of the surroundings. When vehicles are injected as proper AI objects though, they have collision detection, and they do stop when they are getting close to you - same way like the AI aircraft do, that is the same mechanism (with the same limitations, like occasionally driving through each other or ignoring you).

So the simulator actually has that functionality built in, but it seems like not a lot of developers are taking that route. 

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Upvote 1

LORBY-SI