Sign in to follow this  
1st fltsimguy

ATSimulations Max Holste MH1521 “Broussard” - Night Lighting

I recently bought this plane.

I think is great and I just went for my first night flying only to find I could not turn on the night lights using the four rotating switches.

My separate compass light switch works fine, but I can't get anything on the panel to turn on.

Anyone else have this plane and know of some additional thing I need to do.

Bryan

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Hi Bryan, I presume you're running V4.4 or V4.5? I asked the devs last week if the Broussard is full compatible with V4.4, 4.5 and he told me that there are just a small problem with lights that would be fixed this summer with an update. I'm planning to buy it soon along the An-2.

Hi Pedro thanks for getting back to me....I just received a personal email support from the developers...and yes that is correct, they are working on a new lighting update which will greatly improve the look of night lighting...they sent me a screenshot of what it looks like...its very good.

And as it turns out, and not clear in the manual, there is a master battery switch on the right side 1st office side which must also be depressed along with flicking the battery switch to the on position which I had not done. So I did get lights in the end but they are not very good but at least I can see some stuff.

Also, I bought the AN-2 yesterday, and its a lovely old beast to fly. I spend a few hours learning how to handle it...love it. Its basically an upgrade to the Sibwings version of old FSX days, with enhancements according to their website.

Bryan

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3