Sign in to follow this  
Emile

PTA 2.66 and 4.5 HF Hot fix?

Hello, 

Compatible?

• Like 1

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

6 minutes ago, Emile said:

Compatible?

No problems with mine. I've been working on a new preset using the new combination and all seems to be OK 🙂

Adam.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

Hi Adam Thank for the answer and where can I find your preset?

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

On 5/16/2019 at 8:51 AM, Adamski_NZ said:

https://www.nzfsim.org/shaders/pta-presets/

I'm nearly done with a 266_01 preset - hope to have it finished within 24hrs 😉

Adam.

Good evening, Adam!

I just wanted to thank you for your work, making some great presets (in my opinion) for the PTA. I downloaded the Adam_PTA_266_02 version, from your page, and it looks and works great.

Thank you very much for your effort and dedication.

A greeting.

12 hours ago, Adamski_NZ said:

Thank you for the thanks!! It's great to hear it's working well for you.

For the benefit of others, 266_02 can be found here: https://www.nzfsim.org/shaders/pta-presets/adam-pta-266_02/

01-T6-NZNI-1350.jpg?dl=1

Adam.

Hello Adam , and thank you for your lovely preset !!

Could you please tell me if I can use it together with REX Environment Force ?

Mike

1 hour ago, mikee said:

Could you please tell me if I can use it together with REX Environment Force?

You can indeed - but I just run PTA as of old - outside EF, then leave it alone. I just couldn't get my head around the EF/PTA integration.

Quite often, after tweaking lots of things in EF, my view gets all bleached out (as if HDR/bloom gets maxed out) and no amount of resetting values in EF restores the palette. This may be because I'm also running PTA - but I can't conceive of *not* running with PTA-tweaked shaders, as I don't often run EF.

Adam.

7 hours ago, Adamski_NZ said:

You can indeed - but I just run PTA as of old - outside EF, then leave it alone. I just couldn't get my head around the EF/PTA integration.

Quite often, after tweaking lots of things in EF, my view gets all bleached out (as if HDR/bloom gets maxed out) and no amount of resetting values in EF restores the palette. This may be because I'm also running PTA - but I can't conceive of *not* running with PTA-tweaked shaders, as I don't often run EF.

Adam.

Thank you very much for your reply !

Much appreciated .

Mike

I applied your tweak Adam. Looks great except I'm getting a lot of light blue shading in the sky... any way to get rid of that? I'm new to PTA. I'm using Orbx Global Base and ASCA and AS for weather and cloud textures.

Edited by B772L

2 hours ago, B772L said:

I applied your tweak Adam. Looks great except I'm getting a lot of light blue shading in the sky... any way to get rid of that? I'm new to PTA. I'm using Orbx Global Base and ASCA and AS for weather and cloud textures.

Any chance of a screenshot or two? Then I could make some make some suggestions (as it could be either sky or haze) . Otherwise - try tweaking the Rayleigh scattering power or sky saturation. It could lso be one specific AS sky colour that got loaded, whereas others you might subsequently load may be OK.

Adam.

Adam,

Can you please help me. I downloaded your tweak and want to give it a try. I have installed PTA v2.66. But I have errors...

reset B:\Flight Simulator Downloads\Prepar3D\PTA\P3Dv4\v2.66\MattDaviesJuly2019.ini loaded
Prepar3D 4.5.13 build 32097 detected as target verson
Shaders cache directory found at C:\Users\Stephen Crayton\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders\
Prepar3D main configuration file found at C:\Users\Stephen Crayton\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.cfg
ERROR: shader file C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\General.fx is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used
ERROR: shader file C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\GPUTerrain.fx is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used
ERROR: shader file C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\PostProcess\HDR.hlsl is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used

I uninstalled my P3D client, re-installed to rebuild default shaders. I saved the shader folder (ShadersHSL) and then re-applied the tweak. I received the errors as copied above.

Stephen

It probably needs an update ..

Hotfix 1 was pretty much just a FPS fix , however with HF2 some shaders  must have changed

I get an I/O error when trying to save and then when I fire up my sim my clouds and horizon is all orange colour.

HF2 indeed changed something in the Shaders. Depending on the PTA profiles settings it might work ok or not.

Myself I wait till PTA has been updated.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

On 9/29/2019 at 7:21 PM, GSalden said:

Myself I wait till PTA has been updated.

Stephen - I should take the advice above 😉

Adam.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.