byork

Awesome News :-) Mouse Macros!

Big Airbus News!

I got the mouse macro system working in P3D V4! 🙂

I can now control all the buttons on the plane (specifically the flat square ones that could not otherwise be controlled with the rotor brake commands) directly using mouse macros.  No 2D panel pop-ups required!!!

It's like having an SDK 😉

Note 1:  This is for P3D V4 only.

Note 2: This system will not work in FSX, so in FSX we'll use mouse-clicks on 2D pop-up panels to control the flat, square buttons.  The other buttons can still be controlled directly via rotor brake commands.  It's still really good, but admittedly the P3D v4 system is better.

This is a good day 🙂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

That's awesome news Bryan! 2D panels was the only thing annoying me with the previous method.

I have one question: While mouse macros are in use for an action does this mean that the mouse cursor disappears or is not possible for us to control switches/buttons/rotaries during this time?

Edited by Daedalus

I've only tested it with one switch so far, but the mouse cursor does not disappear.

I'll have to test it with a flow, but my guess is there'd be no problem controlling other switches at the same time.

This system is right out of the P3D V4 SDK... it's not some odd-ball hack... it appears to be pretty robust at this point.

• Like 2

We can twist the knobs on the FCU and press the buttons... but we cannot "read" the values for Speed, heading and alt.

We can control packs directly.

We can press any button and move any switch directly.  That's easy.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, byork said:

This system is right out of the P3D V4 SDK... it's not some odd-ball hack... it appears to be pretty robust at this point.

Ah, so it's not related to FSUIPC mouse macros?

Ops, sorry Bryan, not going to ask any more questions, I don't want you to do anything but testing and releasing it as soon as possible!!! 😋

51 minutes ago, jgoggi said:

Ah, so it's not related to FSUIPC mouse macros?

You don't need FSUIPC.

I just basically copied their system.

• Like 1