Sign in to follow this  
vc10man

Is There Any Other Seller Than simMarket?

1 hour ago, SunDevil56 said:

+1

I've purchased dozens of add ons from Simmarket over the years, and have never had any issues or complaints, so i'm not really sure what the problem is here

(1) Had issues with their Support not responding when DD informed me that there was a free upgrade to DD's EPKK to P3Dv4. simMarket wanted to charge for it..

49 minutes ago, SunDevil56 said:

FWIW, i've always purchased from them with a credit card, I do know they offer a PayPal option, but I didn't realize some people were having issues with it..

(2) All I ever got offered was the PayPal option and as a  recent thread here has highlighted, PP's exchange rates are totally abysmal  hence refuse to use PayPal for anything other than native currency eBay buys.

11 minutes ago, RichieFly said:

thought the issue with SimMarket was the theft of CC information. There was a heated topic not long ago along these lines.

I have recently had my CC info stolen from either SimMarket or X-Plane.org. Impossible to know which. I do know I'm not using either site again.

Well said.

59 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

Nice to see someone sticking to their principles

Thanks for that. I am not going to kowtow to a developer telling me where to buy a product any more than say The Meat Industry dictating that I only buy from Tesco!!

I have enough high-quality aircraft in my hangar to bypass Leonardo, if that's what they want.

Purely economics, I'm sure, For some developers, it is more cost effective to leave the selling to a re-seller such as Simmarket than to maintain an e-commerce site with the attendant liabilities and headaches.  Thankfully in a more or less  free-market world, we have the option to choose. 

Jeff Callender

1 hour ago, vc10man said:

I have enough high-quality aircraft in my hangar to bypass Leonardo, if that's what they want. 

Tough luck dude but +1 on sticking to principles. Hopefully Leonardo will sell through another channel one day.

Rob Bates
Simming since the age of 10 with MSFS 5.0

P3D v5.0 | 10700K (@stock) | EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2 | Z490-E ROG STRIX | 32GB 3600MHz | 970 EVO Plus M.2 & EVO 850 SSDs | H115i cooling | NZXT H440 Case | Samsung 32" CJG 1440p Curved Monitor | Virtual-Fly Ruddo & TQ3+ | Thrustmaster FCS Sidestick | Skalarki MCDU

Ask me about (my most flown): FSLabs A320-X series | MaddogX
In the hangar: Majestic Q400 Pro | PMDG 747 | A2A C182, Cherokee, Comanche & Spitfire

7 minutes ago, Jetset408 said:

Tough luck dude but +1 on sticking to principles. Hopefully Leonardo will sell through another channel one day.

Thanks, Rob. Appreciate that.

2 hours ago, flyinpilot212121 said:

Same here, I’ve used simmarket for years without any issues, very easy process...I’m glad they sorted the PayPal issues.

I have purchased almost all of my addons, which easily goes up in the thousands, from SimMarket and I love ❤ them.  Over the years, their support has always come through for me and they save my downloads, even from as far back as 2007, maybe even further. I can't ask for more than that.

There was a rumor that they were going to stop accepting Paypal, but they said they will continue accepting Paypal for customers.

I buy a lot of stuff for X-Plane and P3Dv4 and SimMarket has my unending support. I check their 👀 website several times every day for new releases.

Bob

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

(1) Had issues with their Support not responding when DD informed me that there was a free upgrade to DD's EPKK to P3Dv4. simMarket wanted to charge for it..

My opinion on this is that DD should be able to help you out no matter where you purchased the product, it is their product.

I had the same issue when Flightsimstore became a fiasco and not update any of my many purchases there including a lot of Carenado aircraft. I emailed Carenado about not being able get their latest updates and asked if I could get it through them. Carenado responded saying I would have to purchase my entire fleet again through them if I wanted the latest, updated aircraft.

Same issue with my A2A fleet except that A2A instructed me to open a store account on their website and they gave me access to all my purchases, what a class act that company is.

Good riddance Carenado and shame on you! I apologize for the rant.

fly safe

Edited by mokeiko

Francisco Blas
Windows11 Pro ASUS Hero Z790 | Intel i9-13900K | G.SKILL 32GB DDR5 | ASUS STRIX 4090 | WD 4TB SN850X NVMe | ASUS Ryujin II AIO 360mm | Corsair AX1600i | Lian Li 011D EVO | DELL Alienware 38 G-SYNC

As I mentioned above I’ve used simmarket without any issues however I Always do try and purchase directly from the developer if possible.

• Like 2

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

46 minutes ago, flyinpilot212121 said:

As I mentioned above I’ve used simmarket without any issues however I Always do try and purchase directly from the developer if possible.

Yep. The quickest way to get your updates.

Vic green

1 hour ago, mokeiko said:

Good riddance Carenado and shame on you! I apologize for the rant.

Don't apologize, I don't blame you. Disgusting customer service. They must think we all like them.

• Like 1

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

1 hour ago, signmanbob said:

I buy a lot of stuff for X-Plane and P3Dv4 and SimMarket has my unending support. I check their 👀 website several times every day for new releases.

Bob

+1

FWIW, I usually get an email notification of updates for most (if not all) of the add ons i've purchased from them.....👍