Sign in to follow this  
zelker

My Configuration will run the FSX in a good FPS?

Hello everyone, this is my first topic here and i was thinking if my configuration is good for FSX to run in good frames (like 20-35FPS) with PMDG and Aerosoft.

This is my FSX PC:

MB: P5G41T-M LX2/BR

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 2.5Ghz (Stock) -- *I don't know how make overclock or if is possible on this setup*

RAM: 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz Dual-Channel

GPU: GTX 760 2GB 256 Bits (I won of my cousin *-*)

Monitor: Flaton 17' (1440 x 900) 60 Hz

PS: I will only use this PC for 'web search' and the FSX.

PS2: I want run some add-ons like REX4, ORBX, Scenarios, PMDG/Aerosoft (Like Airbus A320 and B777-200).

I already appreciate all help you can give for me.

Thx.

Welcome to the AVSIM forums! :happy:  A one word answer to your question is NO!  2 word answer..Heck No!  I think you get my drift.  FSX is extremely CPU intensive and running payware items, like you want, will result in very low FPS.  Instead of being a "Gamer" and only worrying about FPS, look to see if it will run smooth enough to satisfy you.

• Like 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

1 minute ago, charliearon said:

Welcome to the AVSIM forums! :happy:  A one word answer to your question is NO!  2 word answer..Heck No!  I think you get my drift.  FSX is extremely CPU intensive and running payware items, like you want, will result in very low FPS.  Instead of being a "Gamer" and only worrying about FPS, look to see if it will run smooth enough to satisfy you. 

Thanks for the reply.

Well... think i got your message hehe, but i'm not a gamer, i'm a real private pilot, but with low money, that's because i only see the FSX a option.

I make some testes, and 18-25 FPS is good enough to me for simulation, but i never use PMDG, or some aircraft add-on.

Maybe i have to make overclock? it's possible on this configuration (MB and CPU) make some OC to get more performance?

Payware addons will bog down you system.  If you really want to run these addons, then you will need a faster CPU. I speak from experience.... Look at my specs in my signature. I know nothing of overclocking CPUs.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Be sure to read "Toms Hardware" site for advice if you do decide to overclock your Intel Q8300.  Be certain of all  the pitfalls and processes to overclock a chip...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, overspeed3 said:

Be sure to read "Toms Hardware" site for advice if you do decide to overclock your Intel Q8300.  Be certain of all  the pitfalls and processes to overclock a chip...

You mean "what to do when you see your processor chip belching fire and smoke"?:wacko:

Charlie Aron

48 minutes ago, charliearon said:

You mean "what to do when you see your processor chip belching fire and smoke"?:wacko:

He's running a Core2, not a 1999-era AthlonXP.

Cheers!

• Like 1

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

3 hours ago, zelker said:

Hello everyone, this is my first topic here and i was thinking if my configuration is good for FSX to run in good frames (like 20-35FPS) with PMDG and Aerosoft.

This is my FSX PC:

MB: P5G41T-M LX2/BR

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 2.5Ghz (Stock) -- *I don't know how make overclock or if is possible on this setup*

RAM: 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz Dual-Channel

GPU: GTX 760 2GB 256 Bits (I won of my cousin *-*)

Monitor: Flaton 17' (1440 x 900) 60 Hz

PS: I will only use this PC for 'web search' and the FSX.

PS2: I want run some add-ons like REX4, ORBX, Scenarios, PMDG/Aerosoft (Like Airbus A320 and B777-200).

I already appreciate all help you can give for me.

Thx.

I have to agree with Charlie on this.  While your computer will run FSX with default aircraft (I'd recommend you keep the settings pretty low), those addons may well bogg down your system to the point of a slide show or something close to it.

Whether it's FSX, FSX:SE (better/cleaner performance than FSX Disk), P3Dv3, P3Dv4 or X-Plane, I just don't think that system is up for flight sim with addons.

The addons you asked about will collectively run you several hundred dollars, so instead of purchasing them I would save the money to build a faster system.  In fact,  you can build a terrific (though not top of the line) system for about $900 USD (maybe even lower).  Look for an Intel Quad Core CPU that will run at least 3.5GHz and is overclockable, a CPU water cooler, a motherboard with an abundance of USB ports, 16GB Ram, an NVIDIA 1070 or 1080 Graphics Card (prices are getting lower every day).

Building that system is your first step into an amazing hobby that I've been lucky enough to belong to for over 36 years, and there is always a new door to open into a new area of flight sim!

I hope this is helpful to you my friend.

Best wishes.

• Like 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

That is a low end CPU.  I'm sure it will run FSX, but without add-on software and you will need to keep the scenery settings low, no road or ship traffic, and little to no AI air traffic.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

My last PC was a Q6600 2.5 Ghz with 4GB RAM and it ran FSX for me for a long time even with add-ons (with 64-bit Windows 7), but you will definitely have a happier experience with a better system. Stay away from PMDG, FSLABs and the higher-end big iron, with the possible exception of the Majestic Q400, and the Quality Wings 757 and BAe 146/Avro RJ. Anything SibWings ran well on my old stsyem too. Aerosoft can be OK performance-wise but it depends on the product. I did have the Aersofot A320 and I think it ran OK but it's been updated since. I found that their Catalina and Twin Otter ran quite well and so did. Beware of the HD Carenado products and anything G1000. Stick to steam gauges. The A2A Cub will also run fine.

You can run Orbx on it but you will need to keep your sliders in the middle-to-low range to get acceptable FPS.

And keep your FPS counter turned off.  :smile:

Thanks all of you for given me the answers that i need. In fact, the best choice is buy another Hardware for better experience.

But there's a problem: I'm from Brazil and the price of components aren't any close from the U$, and i don't have much to expend.

Btw, i'm accepting suggestions for what CPU i have to take for run FSX with good frames and full graphics. I think that my GTX 760 will take care of the graphics part, she's "old but gold" uh? But the processor... there's any recommendation for buying?

In Intel side: a Pentium G5600 3.9Ghz (In performance, is like a core i5-4790)

AMD Side: What about the APU's? the A10-9700, someone use APU's can tell me? or who have much more experience on CPU's than me hehe.

Maybe a FX-8370 can give me a good happiness?

Again, i appreciate every answer.

You guys is very nice people trying help me. Thx.

Another suggestion is to try whatever addons you wish to purchase on you system now and see how they run.  You may be satisfied  with what you see.  If not, then consider an upgrade to your CPU.

I'm sure you saw my specs and I'm happy with the way it performs.  My computer will have to melt into a puddle of flaming plastic goo before I buy a new one.

Charlie Aron