Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Ibiza X for FS9

Anyone know where I can get Ibiza X for FS9?  I've been meaning to get this scenery for years and always thought it would be for sale only to find out now I can't find it anywhere... Thanks in advance for any help with this.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Apperently it is no longer for sale, after the release of the Evolution series for FSX and P3D.

Maybe you can contact Aerosoft and ask if it is possible to purchase the Evolution version and then get acces to the older FS2004 version.

Aerosoft did this several times with the release of newer FSX sceneries.

On 5/18/2019 at 8:27 AM, N864DA said:

Apperently it is no longer for sale, after the release of the Evolution series for FSX and P3D.

Maybe you can contact Aerosoft and ask if it is possible to purchase the Evolution version and then get acces to the older FS2004 version.

Aerosoft did this several times with the release of newer FSX sceneries.

Tried that.  Apparently they discontinued and stopped offering the FS9 version.  I hate when developers do this as not everyone is on the newer sims.  I am for the most part but there are so many sceneries and areas of interest which were only produced for FS9.  It get's even more complicated when what's offered for the 32bit version of P3D hasn't made it to the 64bit version.  I missed the boat on this but I really was hoping I could get Ibiza in my FS9 install.  Don't want to go down the torrent road and wreak my computer.  Developers get mad when their software is pirated but prematurely do things like this leaving people no where else to go. If you don't want to sell the software anymore or feel it's not making money, give it away as freeware.  The way things are now all flavors of Flight Simulator will be in use for some time to come and your work will be used and appreciated.  Thumbing your nose up at people using the old platform is not cool... 

FS2020 

Timely post Dillon.  Few days ago I saw that Qualitywings had ported their 757 to P3dv4 and also offered what is advertised as a bundle of sorts of all the other versions (FS9,FSX,FSX-se, P3Dv1&2). All now for sale at Flight1 for quite a low price. I'm generally not a fan of "Lite" aircraft sims, but thought why not. Purchase went fine, then I ran the "bundled" installer and to my surprise the only version not offered was FS9. Going directly to the Qualitywings website one finds full installers for download available as well, bar one, FS9.  Flight1 suggested I contact Qualitywings via their support forum, which I did. Three days ago now, still awaiting a reply.

Long story short, I feel your pain.

Lee Adams

JAFO

On 5/19/2019 at 10:38 PM, clipper759 said:

Timely post Dillon.  Few days ago I saw that Qualitywings had ported their 757 to P3dv4 and also offered what is advertised as a bundle of sorts of all the other versions (FS9,FSX,FSX-se, P3Dv1&2). All now for sale at Flight1 for quite a low price. I'm generally not a fan of "Lite" aircraft sims, but thought why not. Purchase went fine, then I ran the "bundled" installer and to my surprise the only version not offered was FS9. Going directly to the Qualitywings website one finds full installers for download available as well, bar one, FS9.  Flight1 suggested I contact Qualitywings via their support forum, which I did. Three days ago now, still awaiting a reply.

Long story short, I feel your pain.

Looks like we're drifting off topic, but what installer did you use for the QW 757? The one from the Purchase Agent or the old wrapper? I understand the Purchase Agent does not support FS9, but the wrappers still do so.

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

Hi Dillon,

I understand your pain very well - Aerosoft Germany has been a FS9 hater for a long time - so that don't surprise me much.

Have you tried to get the box second hand? I found some boxes searching for "Balearen X" at E-Bay Germany: https://www.ebay.de/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=Balearen+X&_sacat=0

Perhaps there is something simular i Florida? Good Luck...

Dedl

9 hours ago, Dedl said:

Hi Dillon,

I understand your pain very well - Aerosoft Germany has been a FS9 hater for a long time - so that don't surprise me much.

Have you tried to get the box second hand? I found some boxes searching for "Balearen X" at E-Bay Germany: https://www.ebay.de/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=Balearen+X&_sacat=0

Perhaps there is something simular i Florida? Good Luck...

Dedl

Tried that as well, can't find the box set anywhere...  The only option is Torrent which I won't risk my computer to download.

FS2020 

EDIT: I found out the comment I made was not valid..ooops 🙂

Edited by domvc10