Sign in to follow this  
Ben Cap

Specs Advice for Powerful Rig

15 minutes ago, TechguyMaxC said:

You're wasting $1000+ on this setup.  SLI is basically dead at this point.  Any number of flight sim add-on vendors do not support it, and any future update could break it.  Nvidia themselves barely support it anymore.  

I need massive GPU horsepower. PC will be outputting to 3 4k projectors.

Would a single RTX Titan be a better choice?

2 minutes ago, Ben Cap said:

I need massive GPU horsepower. PC will be outputting to 3 4k projectors.

Would a single RTX Titan be a better choice?

In all likelihood.  You may want to try out a 2080 Ti first and see if 11GB VRAM is sufficient.  

2 minutes ago, TechguyMaxC said:

In all likelihood.  You may want to try out a 2080 Ti first and see if 11GB VRAM is sufficient.  

I will talk to my superiors and try all three configurations. RTX Titan, RTX 2080ti Nvlink, RTX2080ti OC

10 minutes ago, TechguyMaxC said:

How well does the GDDR6 OC on the cards with Samsung BGAs?  What's the part number?

2100mhz , but cooler then the micron , partnumber is black nothing think its kind of ES chips from samsung

5 minutes ago, westman said:

2100mhz , but cooler then the micron , partnumber is black nothing think its kind of ES chips from samsung

The part number isn't silk-screened on the BGAs?  Interesting.  I wonder if Galax did that on purpose.

There's a rumor of RTX cards with higher clocked GDDR6 releasing when Navi is announced, likely these would use Samsung ICs so I wonder if Galax has gotten ahold of some Samsung GDDR6 in advance of this move, or if they went behind NV's back and sourced it themselves.

Edited by TechguyMaxC

On 5/15/2019 at 3:45 PM, Ben Cap said:

I am tasked with building a computer for a large simulator setup. My budget is $10,000. What is the most powerful setup I can build? Thank you for any help

BTW.. if you are looking for professional help.. these guys have a good reputation:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Local-Service/Jetline-Systems-269890579819068/

• Like 1

Bert

On 5/16/2019 at 5:10 PM, Bert Pieke said:

This "Bottleneck calculator" is dubious at best.. if you overclock your CPU the calculator does not apply.. :unsure:

Overclocking is in the advanced section at the bottom. But yes, I agree, dubious.