GSalden

V4.5 : what has happened to Locked framerate ?

So am I reading it correctly that unlimited + VSync with refresh rate set at 30 via hardware or an external limiter like RTSS still works as before--e.g. without 100% CPU utilization--in 4.5.12.30293 (HF1)?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

7 hours ago, pmb said:

I only do understand a small percentage of the tech speak, however, isn't that equivalent to the age-old trick to open Task Manager, deactivate core 0 (or any other one) of Prepar3d, quit, open it again and reenable core 0. Which Lockheed Martin's Beau Hollis decidely adviced against as it would destroy the intended Prepar3d task handling?

Kind regards, Michael

Strangely enough you don't even have do the activate/deactivate procedure. Just open the TM set affinity widow then do nothing except click the Ok button to close it.

gb.

4 minutes ago, w6kd said:

So am I reading it correctly that unlimited + VSync with refresh rate set at 30 via hardware or an external limiter like RTSS still works as before--e.g. without 100% CPU utilization--in 4.5.12.30293 (HF1)?

I just completed a full, clean install. I run unlimited, RTSS @ 1/2 refresh (60), HT on with no affinity assigned, yet. Core 1 is at 98-100% stock.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, w6kd said:

IF you turn Vsync on, yes... :wink:  About 60% load on main P3D core..

With Vsync off, I get 90+%.. not 100%..  there is a difference..

Edited by Bert Pieke

53 minutes ago, newtie said:

I just completed a full, clean install. I run unlimited, RTSS @ 1/2 refresh (60), HT on with no affinity assigned, yet. Core 1 is at 98-100% stock.

Are you getting stutters?

1 hour ago, w6kd said:

In the config you spec'd above VSync On or Off makes no difference for me... I always see 95%-100% Core0 usage.  So, I leave VSync Off.  Sim is smooth for me with the occasional 1-2 second pause (almost always when I'm approaching an add-on airport).

Greg

OK thought i would share my findings and what i see.

Gsync on enabled both windowed and full screen

In game Vsync off and FPS capped on 33

And at this point i hate tweaking the CFG but i thought i would give Affinity MAsk a try and dialed in 62

This what i got with those settings, see pic.

I'm running a 8700k at 4.7. If some remember that i had REAL bad issues with running P3D at anything lower than 60 FPS when i was reading most people were getting (I hated these words) buttery smooth. But now after 4.5 hotfix with what i have done has given me that. Not going to use those words i still hate them 🙂 But again this is just me other users mileage may vary. No joysticks were broken during this test and post.

ns0oM2B.png

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

IF you turn Vsync on, yes... :wink:

With Vsync off, I get 90+%.. not 100%..  there is a difference..

Did you upgraded from 4.4 to 4.5 to 4.5 HF ( cliënt alone or more ) ?

Or is this a fresh newest 4.5 install.

I asked 4 fellow cockpit flyers to test and they all are getting 100% load with Locked framerate at 10 fps + all sliders left and they all only updated the Cliënt ...

With 4.4 I had no issue as I have tested with Locked at 20 with high settings and only had a main core load 50-73% then... ( tried that as David had a very smooth Sim with that )

Edited by GSalden

3 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Did you upgraded from 4.4 to 4.5 to 4.5 HF ( cliënt alone or more ) ?

Or is this a fresh newest 4.5 install.

I asked 4 fellow cockpit flyers to test and they all are getting 100% load with Locked framerate at 10 fps + all sliders left and they all only updated the Cliënt ...

I upgraded from V4.4. Client only.

Did you try with Vsync on?  That changes everything on my system when I try it..

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

I upgraded from V4.4. Client only.

Did you try with Vsync on?  That changes everything on my system when I try it..

Vsync only : 67% load

Vsync + Locked = 100% load

Locked alone = 100% load

The question now is why you are getting a normal load when using Locked and the others incl myself we are seeing a 100% load on the main core ....?

Edited by GSalden

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Vsync only : 67% load

Vsync + Locked = 100% load

Locked alone = 100% load

The question now is why you are getting a normal load when using Locked and the others incl myself we are seeing a 100% load on the main core ....?

Not sure... we must have some different setting somewhere..

"Vsync only"  does that mean FPS set to Unlimited?

What fps do you get then?

Locking at 30.. does that change CPU load to 90+?

Do you actually get 100% (flat line) or 90+% (wavy line)?

BTW.."a normal load" for me is 90+... :wink:

Edited by Bert Pieke

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Not sure... we must have some different setting somewhere..

"Vsync only"  does that mean FPS set to Unlimited?

What fps do you get then?

Locking at 30.. does that change CPU load to 90+?

Do you actually get 100% (flat line) or 90+% (wavy line)?

BTW.."a normal load" for me is 90+... :wink:

Vsync only = Unlimited only

Unlimited , Vsync off at FT Amsterdam + True Earth NL + high settings = 85+ fps and  90+%  load on the main thread core

Uimited , Vsync On ( 30 hertz ) , same settings = 67-70% load on the main thread core

Setting the Lock slider to anything lower than Unlimited results in 100% load..

——

But even you should get a much lower main core load when Locking the framerate to 10 and all sliders to the left ....

Edited by GSalden

Posted (edited)

Just finished first test flight on 4.5 HotFix 

I don't see any difference from 4.4. 

Edited by tooting

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Riah069 said:

OK thought i would share my findings and what i see.

Gsync on enabled both windowed and full screen

In game Vsync off and FPS capped on 33

And at this point i hate tweaking the CFG but i thought i would give Affinity MAsk a try and dialed in 62

This what i got with those settings, see pic.

I'm running a 8700k at 4.7. If some remember that i had REAL bad issues with running P3D at anything lower than 60 FPS when i was reading most people were getting (I hated these words) buttery smooth. But now after 4.5 hotfix with what i have done has given me that. Not going to use those words i still hate them 🙂 But again this is just me other users mileage may vary. No joysticks were broken during this test and post.

ns0oM2B.png

Thanks for this. I also have a 8700k. I'm trying your settings now. You might be onto something here. I'm seeing roughly the same results. With a fresh installation of 4.5 hotfix. I was one of the unlucky ones with issues without hotfix

Edited by tooting

I forgot to update. But i did see some insane blurries. Be interested in your findings. 🙂

6 minutes ago, Riah069 said:

I forgot to update. But i did see some insane blurries. Be interested in your findings. 🙂

Only just departed from EGLL I'll report back,  but the taxi out,  take off roll and SID was smooth.  Thanks again for the tip. 

Guys, if you see this issue too post this in my topic at the LM forum. Only Bert has done so..

If no one posts about this too then LM might not investigate this or even post a reply...

@Tooting hope it works for you mate. If you dont get blurries or no autogen spawning in ill revisit it.

I just finished a flight in Japan taking off from RJTT. My usual settings: monitor at 30 Hz, Vsync on, TB on. HT on, no AM used. i7, 4.0 GHz, not overclocked.

Core 0 was very close to 100 %. The other cores way less at 60 % or below. However, the flight was smooth, after leaving the Tokyo metropolitan area (Technobrain RJTT and SamScene Tokyo Wow). On the other hand, it was stuttery over Tokyo (where I failed the wanted 30 fps).

As far as I recall, this doesn't deviate too much from my former experience in that region, although 4.4 might have had a more even distribution of load between cores.

Update path: 4.4 -> 4.5 client, contents, scenery -> 4.5HF client only

Kind regards, Michael

When I update 4.4 with new 4.5 Client, do I have to download HF Client too?

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, mobiel said:

When I update 4.4 with new 4.5 Client, do I have to download HF Client too?

First: this has nothing to do with the actual topic

Second: If you DL v4.5 before the HF was released, then you must DL it again. If you plan to DL 4.5 now, you will get the version with HF included.

Edited by GEKtheReaper

Posted (edited)

Its something strange , Here is 2 screens from a ongoing flight from EHAM, 

tried a different way to test , set P3DV4.5HFi little harder then the Orbx Vic 4K settings , then set 60HZ in Nvidia CP in sim vsync unlimited , tune down cpu to 5.4ghz affriad of heat .

It turn out good very smooth even with 29-30fps 

in VC 100% cpu usage core0 GPU 39% , 44fps  dont know if this is common in outside view 30fps  50% usage core0 GPU 60% in cruise it hold 60fps

P3dV4.4hf1 , AS live , EF, PTA RD1.8, SF clouds.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c0se2tcd3df5twf/777 VC.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5atvps34csu22sq/777 spot.png?dl=0

edit. ChasePlane and no AM res 3840X2160

edit 2 more screens in Cruise and not as cloudy as in EHAM you see  clearly VC spot VC how the usage change.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jzfy0ol7pi9y8ko/777 vc cruise.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tglnn9c6q31u5kl/777 spot cruise.png?dl=0

Edited by westman

26 minutes ago, westman said:

Its something strange , Here is 2 screens from a ongoing flight from EHAM, 

tried a different way to test , set P3DV4.5HFi little harder then the Orbx Vic 4K settings , then set 60HZ in Nvidia CP in sim vsync unlimited , tune down cpu to 5.4ghz affriad of heat .

It turn out good very smooth even with 29-30fps 

in VC 100% cpu usage core0 GPU 39% , 44fps  dont know if this is common in outside view 30fps  50% usage core0 GPU 60% in cruise it hold 60fps

P3dV4.4hf1 , AS live , EF, PTA RD1.8, SF clouds.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c0se2tcd3df5twf/777 VC.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5atvps34csu22sq/777 spot.png?dl=0

edit. ChasePlane and no AM res 3840X2160

Let me test this : I use the VC without instruments ( Prosim flightmodel )

Will test in spotplane view and 2D view too. Perhaps the VC view is causing this...

6 hours ago, Riah069 said:

no blurries , no ctd due to autogen. system working fine, proof in the pudding will be the taxi in at CYYZ a known hotspot.  thanks again Mike

No worries mate glad it worked for you. Just in the middle of a Air Hauler 2 route so i will recheck again. Thxs for the reply Tooting