Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

A big wish for FSX: Lessons

I've done the lessons in previous versions of FSX, and they didn't feel too much like my real-world lessons.Now, I realize that Machado is fantastic and great for a laugh while learning, but after going through the lessons I felt they were both too easy as well as being not really too comprehensive.Yes, they're meant, in a large part, for anyone who's slightly interested to pick up and be successful - but I'm hoping there's some provision, either included or able to be build by a third party, that more closely follows the course and requirements needed for a real-world licence. Maybe it could actually take the same amount of time - by user choice - so that we do a check-in, walkaround, start-up checks, proper taxi, flight to training area, etc.I know, too, that commercial endeavors are also quite time consuming, but if the time required was somehow also scalable and user-selectable, ah, it would just be great!Just dreamin'Andrew

Guest sclincoln

The FS lessons are geared towards getting newbies up in the air and giving them some basic skills to be able to take off, fly around and land without constantly slamming into the ground. They were improved from FS2002 to FS9 so I don't see any reason why they shouldn't be improved in FSX. I would also like to see them eventually become as comprehensive as real world lessons. Being able to do preflight checks (ie. walkaround inspection) is something I've requested numerous times. Maybe FSX could come packaged with a copy of the Airplane Flying Handbook.

This is an opportunity for payware. A good IFR instruction would be great.Procedures for IFR, VOR , ADF , DME ARC approaches etc... with an instructor sitting next to you. That would be something...Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest tdragger

I agree. A good opportunity for a third party to do super-accurate lessons.

Guest sclincoln

Didn't somebody offer something like that a while back? Maybe Abacus for FS2000? I can't remember exactly but it sounds familiar.

>I agree. A good opportunity for a third party to do>super-accurate lessons.Hmmm... How about real-time, live instruction from a "Flightsim CFI..." Doesn't that sound like an intriguing idea? :)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator