Has anyone ever heard anything of this?  I can't seem to find a price or any way to buy it anywhere.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/irisdynamics/affordable-force-feedback-flight-sim-control-yoke/description

Just curious if anyone has seen this or knows any more about it than this page shows...

Edited by caleb1

Caleb Byers

PC: HP Envy 750, Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.4 GHz (max 4.0 GHz), 24GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 745 with 4GB Memory, 2TB SSHD Windows 10 Home 64 bit.

Simulators:  Prepar3D v3.4, Prepar3D v4.5, FSX:SE, FSX:Gold Edition

Using the FSX Deluxe Edition SDK SP2 for development.

I may be mistaken but I think they sold the yoke technology a few years back.  I was lucky enough to get one in the initial round of yokes that went out and it is absolutely phenomenal but not sure they still produce them.  

• Like 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

55 minutes ago, caleb1 said:

Has anyone ever heard anything of this?  I can't seem to find a price or any way to buy it anywhere.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/irisdynamics/affordable-force-feedback-flight-sim-control-yoke/description

Just curious if anyone has seen this or knows any more about it than this page shows...

I had one of the Kickstarter yokes and it was underwhelming, so I sold it on. Meanwhile Iris appears to have gotten out of the consumer yoke business, having discovered it had to sell them at four times the original price to make a profit. They seem to have taken their technology into industrial applications instead. The consumer yoke was in any case limited by the absence of any flexible application software. I tried it with FS Force, which is good at what it does, but which doesn't do very much. Compare this with the CLS2SIM software that ships with the Brunner Electronik yokes and the latter looks like a much more promising solution.

You can find a detailed two-part review of the Iris yoke on my YT channel.

• Like 1

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

That is what i figured.  Iris stopped making it.

Does anyone know of any other good force feedback yoke solutions for preferably under ~$800 USD?

Thanks.

Caleb Byers

PC: HP Envy 750, Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.4 GHz (max 4.0 GHz), 24GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 745 with 4GB Memory, 2TB SSHD Windows 10 Home 64 bit.

I have the Brunner yoke but more expensive than your budget. But I sure like it, makes sim flying much more realistic!

• Like 1

The Brunner kit is the Rolls-Royce of consumer kit. I'm saving for a full set to go with my new rig.

• Like 2

Mark Harris.

Aged 54. 

P3D,  & DCS mostly. DofReality P6 platform partially customised and waiting for parts. Brunner CLS-E Yoke and Pedals. Winwing HOTAS and Cougar MFDS.

Scan 3XS Laptop i9-9900K 3.6ghz, 64GB DDR4, RTX2080.

B737NG Pilot. Ex Q400, BAe146, ATP and Flying Instructor in the dim and distant past! SEP renewed and back at the coal face flying folk on the much deserved holidays!

I've seen the brunner one.  Looks like the way to go if you have the money.  and it seems to be the only solution for a consumer force feedback yoke out there.

I like the idea of force feedback pedals too.  It seems with non-force feedback you tap the rudder pedals and the plane goes all over the place.

Something to look into...

Caleb Byers

Indeed. With the pedals it's the ability to hold assymetric load on a twin, trim it out and have the pedals sit offset that really appeals.

• Like 1

Mark Harris.

Aged 54. 

P3D,  & DCS mostly. DofReality P6 platform partially customised and waiting for parts. Brunner CLS-E Yoke and Pedals. Winwing HOTAS and Cougar MFDS.

Scan 3XS Laptop i9-9900K 3.6ghz, 64GB DDR4, RTX2080.

B737NG Pilot. Ex Q400, BAe146, ATP and Flying Instructor in the dim and distant past! SEP renewed and back at the coal face flying folk on the much deserved holidays!

Someday I will be able to afford them. 🙂

The minute I can, I'll get them. 🙂

Caleb Byers