Sign in to follow this  
Guest heclak

proportional braking

Guest heclak

Hi guys,will it be back?? Wonder why it was taken out of FS9 in the first place.

As far as I can tell it is still there! If you have pedals you should be able to have proportional as well as differential braking capability. Off course if you only use a keyboard you are out of luck.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

Guest heclak

whats the difference between proportional braking and differential braking? i thought its the same thing?

English is not my native language, but as I understand it proportional means that the amount of braking is in relation to the force on the pedals, whereas differential means that I can push one brake more than the other.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

Guest skruer

I think you can use F11 and F12 for differential breaking.

Guest barturtle

I think that my braking setup is still in a default mode but if I turn the rudder with the brakes on it instantly goes differential. I believe that a pedal setup that supports toe brakes should also support proportional braking

Guest skruer

It could be one of two things. For one when you apply breaks and use the rudder at the same time, you turn right/left because of the nose wheel turns and there for the airplane turns, which has nothing to do with differential breaking. The other reason as you say, would be when using rudder on the ground the airplane reacts by using differential braking. By default differential breaking is set to two buttons. F11 makes you lock the left brakes and F12 the right side - this also shows in the lower right(?) corner with red text.

Guest tdragger

FS2004 supports differential braking and uses accumulation logic to model variable braking force. What do you think is missing?

Guest skruer

I don't think anything is missing. It works for me.

Guest heclak

Oh...In that case. sorry guys..I just read it somewhere than it was in FS2002 but not in FS2004 anymore. Was just about to build a pair of rudder pedals with proportional/differential braking and was so dissapointed. Thanks guys. I can happy go on for planning on my project again.