Sign in to follow this  
vdae

How to edit an FMC?

Hello!

So I have been working on 2 aircraft merges for Prepar3D v4- SkySpirit 767 model merged with the Captain SIm 757 cockpit and Boeing 737-300 model merged with the PMDG 737 cockpit.

The real challenge for me is to somehow program the FMC with proper weights, fuel comsumption, V-speeds, etc for respective aircraft. Is there a freeware software for this type of "project" ? Do you have any tips and tricks when programming an FMC?

Regards,

Viggo.

I'm not sure i get your question, with "programming the FMC" are you referring to feeding data into the FMC as part of pre-flight preparations or do you want to change base values and limits to match the parameters of the outside model?

If its the first, there are lots of tutorials available on youtube, explaining how to program a FMC in detail (and the PMDG documentation contains a tutorial flight covering this as well)

If its the latter you gotta be careful. Highly complex addon planes like the PMDG 737 use custom systems and logics to simulate all aspects of the aircraft. The values you are looking to change are deeply buried in gauge files and DLL's and any attempt to alter those files would very likely be a breach of the license agreement and therefore illegal.

On 5/16/2019 at 6:52 PM, Woozie said:

I'm not sure i get your question, with "programming the FMC" are you referring to feeding data into the FMC as part of pre-flight preparations or do you want to change base values and limits to match the parameters of the outside model?

If its the first, there are lots of tutorials available on youtube, explaining how to program a FMC in detail (and the PMDG documentation contains a tutorial flight covering this as well)

If its the latter you gotta be careful. Highly complex addon planes like the PMDG 737 use custom systems and logics to simulate all aspects of the aircraft. The values you are looking to change are deeply buried in gauge files and DLL's and any attempt to alter those files would very likely be a breach of the license agreement and therefore illegal.

- Change values in the FMC to make it as accurate as possible for the exterior model.

Hmm... I'll get in touch with Captain Sim and PMDG and ask them for permission if anyone comes up with a software recommendation. Thank you, I didn't know that this could potentially be illegal.😅

Relevant EULA segments for PMDG:

You may not alter, reverse engineer or otherwise modify any portion of this software except as described in this license.

You may not use any part, file or artwork included as part of the PMDG 737NGX in a product created for use with this or any other product without the specific, written permission of PMDG Simulations, LLC. This includes using the documentation, manuals, art files, liveries, paint kits or any other media included as part of this product.

You may not overwrite, replace, edit or otherwise modify any of the files included with the PMDG product without permission from PMDG Simulations, LLC.

So, yeah... What you're attempting to do is a violation unless you get permission from them, and that second restriction doesn't even allow for getting permission.

Edited by eslader

On 5/17/2019 at 9:59 PM, eslader said:

Relevant EULA segments for PMDG:

You may not alter, reverse engineer or otherwise modify any portion of this software except as described in this license.

You may not use any part, file or artwork included as part of the PMDG 737NGX in a product created for use with this or any other product without the specific, written permission of PMDG Simulations, LLC. This includes using the documentation, manuals, art files, liveries, paint kits or any other media included as part of this product.

You may not overwrite, replace, edit or otherwise modify any of the files included with the PMDG product without permission from PMDG Simulations, LLC.

So, yeah... What you're attempting to do is a violation unless you get permission from them, and that second restriction doesn't even allow for getting permission.

I will just leave this project and focus on Captain Sim instead then.😄