Sign in to follow this  
Riah069

Very bad Frame rates

I don't get it. This plane and i downloaded the latest version. IS extremely heavy on FPS, and even worse with the Flight1 GTN750 attached.

Like i have a few other payware planes FSLabs,PMDG and Aerosoft airbuses to name a few, and everything is very smooth. But when i load this plane everything becomes a stuttery mess.

What is happening? I just installed the latest version of P3D as well. And get bad results. I just wished i had bought it through Flight1 at least i could gotten a refund. But thats hindsight for you 🙂

Mike

Intel 12700k No over clocking 32GB G-Skill 3600 Ram MSI RTX3080

We all get bad frame rates. It's whether its smooth or close to tolerable smoothness at those frame rates that matter. 

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

1 hour ago, Riah069 said:

I just wished i had bought it through Flight1 at least i could gotten a refund. 

Did you ask Carenado for a refund or an exchange for another plane? They are usally rather customer oriented if it's about refunds etc.

Ok lets choose intolerable frame rates

Mike

Well i would like to BUT i would also like to keep it it is a lovely bird. Its just not smooth to fly compared to more heavily demanding planes i have. Like atm im flying there Shorts SH100 with GTN750 and it is beautiful and excellent on FPS.

Mike

I appear to have fixed the issue. It was to do with the Flight1 GTN750. i went into F1GTNConfig set the core usage from auto to Core 1 and then back to Auto. Frames are excellent now 🙂

Edited by Riah069

Mike

Hi Mike

Thanks for your findings to improve fps.

However, I could not find your mentioned  "F1GTNConfig set", my F1TGTNConfigP3D config tool does not offer such choices.

Could you explain your access to your F1GTNConfig set more precisely, please?

Thanks

Ernst

Ok so open up the F1GTNConfig then look for the plane in the list that has a Flight1 red logo next to it. Select it then press the configure GTN button.

at the top select say GTN750 Unit 1 tab. Then on the next window press the down arrow button till you see CPU and change to what ever.

Thats it 🙂

Mike

Hello Mike

Thanks for your detailed instructions!

And they worked for me as well! Great!

You saved my weekend!

Best regards

Ernst

Welcome mate 🙂

Mike

Tried this, but didn't seem to have any effect in FSX. I keep my FSX locked at 30 fps, but the ATR causes brief drops to 15. This happens even at smaller airports and with no AI traffic.

Dale

Hello all,

I get 8.2 FPS max on this aircraft in FSX. I can't locate GTNConfig, only a Configuration file that doesn't show anything listed in the steps above. Where in the file system is this file located?

Also when my mouse pointer is visible in the VC, FPS drop to 3.6 which makes this add-on unusable for me. Any ideas?

Edited by raystriker

Hi again,

I managed to greatly improve my FPS in the VC by resizing the cockpit textures. The aircraft is now usable in my sim (FSX). Any programmers here that can explain why having the mouse pointer visible in the VC causes a large frame drop? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

1 hour ago, raystriker said:

Any programmers here that can explain why having the mouse pointer visible in the VC causes a large frame drop? 

That's an FSX issue (doesn't happen in P3D) and it's present since day 1.

On 6/30/2019 at 1:16 PM, raystriker said:

Hi again,

I managed to greatly improve my FPS in the VC by resizing the cockpit textures. The aircraft is now usable in my sim (FSX). Any programmers here that can explain why having the mouse pointer visible in the VC causes a large frame drop? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Which textures names you resized and with which program ?

Thanks Carlos

Edited by Coqui297