Sign in to follow this  
Highflyer48

GA ATC

Pilot Edge is a top notch service and hands down one of the most valuable learning/training tools for real and virtual pilots alike. 

That being said, I don’t think I would recommend it for someone at the hobby level who my not benefit from the value proposition Pilot Edge offers. 

Edited by snglecoil

Chris

6 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

A lot of people think that....he's also looking for the best ATC - that's Pilot Edge

He is looking for the best ATC add-on PROGRAM - not service. You need to read carefully, read it twice slowly, or have it read to you, to help you comprehend what is being said.

Your opinion does not make it fact. The limitation of geography alone makes it worse than default ATC to me.  I'm flying from KMCO to KMSP this very moment, pilot edge cannot help me, so its no good to me.

I'm not speaking of the quality of the service, I'm talking practical use in the case of the OP as outlined in the original post and my personal day to day use; not thinking -- but knowing with full knowledge. I know your going to respond because you still don't understand, or you like to type, but there is nothing else to say. 

7 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

A lot of people think that....he's also looking for the best ATC - that's Pilot Edge

Try a flight on Pilotedge from KATL to KBHM  and let us know how it works for you?   😉

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I'm pretty happy with P2ATC. Just got it probably a month ago. I've mainly done IFR work with it, but the few VFR flights I did were good. As with any of the addon ATC's, there will be irritations, and only you can decide if they're dealbreakers. Irritations I've experienced:

-Sometimes I'll hit the ptt switch, the ptt light will turn green, and I'll say whatever I need to say. Then the system behaves as though I never hit the switch. I have to repeat the process, and the second time it always works perfectly. They suggested it's mic position, but this happens even if I don't move the mic boom between takes.

-Occasionally it loses track of AI traffic. It will clear me to takeoff when an AI is on short final.

-It sometimes gives me stupid traffic alerts. It will tell me to look for traffic that's obviously sitting on the hold short line at an airport while I'm cruising by at 2,000 AGL. Or it will want me to look for traffic 5 miles off at 9-o'clock when I'm on short final.

-It sometimes gives me stupid instructions. I've had it, in one sentence, tell me to climb to FL320, climb to FL320, expedite climb to FL320, climb to FL400, expedite climb to FL400. It's as though it lags far behind and then spews a bunch of commands in a rush.

-It *always* clears me direct to my next waypoint when giving me initial landing information. I.. Don't need to be cleared direct to the waypoint I'm already heading toward.

That said, all those obnoxious irritants aside, it's light years ahead of the default ATC. I'd never go back.