Sign in to follow this  
hockey_fan

P3D AI traffic for military and freight aircraft

Hello all,

When I fly airliners, I appreciate having all different categories of AI traffic (airliners, GA, freight, military).  It is particularly nice to fly a charter to an AFB and land with a plethora of military aircraft on-site.  For this reason I have been using MyTraffic6, which includes all 4 types in a single add-on.

Are there other AI traffic packages that include all of these types together?  When I have checked into the latest AI traffic options, not all of these aircraft categories appear to be supported in 1 add-on.  Am I missing something?

What do others do, are there excellent add-ons to combine to produce all 4 AI traffic types?  I would prefer not to have a hodgepodge of add-ons to get this to work.  So I've stuck with MyTraffic6 because it's got everything together, but I'm curious if there are better options.

Best regards. 

The big issue is having them all in one addon. While MyTraffic provided a reasonable variation of traffic, its models and schedules etc were just atrocious. Move into the current millennium and use AIG's AIM for Airline and Cargo traffic and MAIW's Matrix for Military, both are free. You can always keep your MyT6 GA by simply moving the MyT6 airline and military aircraft out of their current folder and into a storage folder just outside of where they live now.

Just be prepared to be blown away at the difference in how your sim will look with good looking traffic.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

1 hour ago, Dave_YVR said:

The big issue is having them all in one addon. While MyTraffic provided a reasonable variation of traffic, its models and schedules etc were just atrocious. Move into the current millennium and use AIG's AIM for Airline and Cargo traffic and MAIW's Matrix for Military, both are free. You can always keep your MyT6 GA by simply moving the MyT6 airline and military aircraft out of their current folder and into a storage folder just outside of where they live now.

Just be prepared to be blown away at the difference in how your sim will look with good looking traffic.

Thanks, I already knew MT6 had shortcomings.  But so far it looks like I'll need to keep at least 2 AI add-ons around, and maybe 3 (for GA).  So I still see this as a partial, however acceptable, solution.

Here's what I did.

1. AIG Manager OCI for freeware models, paints and schedules. This gives you automatic installation almost every commercial passenger and freight airline, worldwide.
  2. MAIW - same as AIGM, but for military, worldwide.
  3. I also had MyT 6. I took the 2015 MyT 6 GA schedule and installed various GA aircraft from the links on the AIG forum. I then used AI Flight Planner to substitute better GA models/paints in the MyT 6 schedule. One could get by with the original MyT 6 schedule and GA models, though as that option requires no effort, except to check for the few FS9 models and make sure to convert them for use in P3d4.

The Minister of Silly Walks gives good advice.  Stay clear of JF's Traffic Global EA as up till now its been all talk and no action.