Sign in to follow this  
Chuck Steinmetz

Random Order Playback of ATC Chatter Files

Playing back ATC chatter files in a random order is on the list of improvements - I don't believe it made this latest version (2.6).  In the meantime has anyone come up w/ a way to make this happen?  Also, do the chatter files play in their order in each folder?  I guess we could rename/sort the files differently each time if that would work.  I have the first 25 mins of chatter memorized and it hurts the immersion of the software.  Thanks!!

Chuck

I will check that out - thank you!  I assumed that was for the changing the voices that played back vs. the ATC Chatter files.

Chuck,

You are correct, that is for the ATC  voices.  The Chatter is from recorded files and the voices cannot change.

The idea for randomizing the Chatter files has been added to the list of future features.

Thanks,

Dave

One thought on this from an X-ATC-Chatter perspective. When we collect the clips they are named in alphabetical order based on the order in which they were extracted from the LiveATC.net feeds. This allows you to hear the same plane be given taxi instructions, runway crossing approvals, and hand-off to tower, etc, assuming they are played in alphanumeric order.

If you do a randomize feature I would make sure that it is optional.

Mark

Hey guys.  Was there any update on this yet?  Was also noticing the same guy talking about pushing aircrafts every time I load into the sim in the USA.  lol.  A random function like the ATC voices would be so nice!