Sign in to follow this  
birdguy

Not quite fair...

Recently I have been getting long pauses while flying in Orbx scenery in P3Dv4.

I googled 'P3Dv4 pauses" and it took me to a thread here on AVSIM.

I began reading the posts and then came across a couple that had links to Orbx.  When I tried the links I got a message that said ,"You do not have permission to view this content."

A year or more ago I posted something on Orbx that rubbed JV the wrong way and I got banned.  Fair enough.  It's his site and he has every right to ban me from posting anything.

There is a limited users support forum where I am able to get support and I have used it in the past and got the help I needed.

But why am I prevented from reading a thread that could possibly help me solve my pausing problem?  I paid good money for my scenery and deserve to have access to any and all threads that pertain to specific problems.

I accept not being able to participate in the social forums due to something I had posted that was deemed unacceptable.  But I should be allowed access to at least READ what is in the technical forums to help me solve problems for a product I paid for..

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

Were you actually logged in to OrbX Noel? The link may have been to a payware support part of the forum. :unsure:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Oh Yes Ron, I was logged in.  I can logon to the website and navigate to most of the forums.  But when there is a link from outside, like the discussion here I was following, I get the you do not have permission.... message.

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

Forgive me if I'm stating the obvious or breaking some unwritten rule but surely a dummy account would make an adequate workaround if you need a direct link? 

Like AVSIM, they're good at spotting dummy accounts. Although I DO know one guy who's good at it. 😎

Hard to believe a commercial site like Orbx would ban anyone.  I have gone to links directed to a post on another site and get a similar message but then find out the topic/post was hidden for some reason.  That happens here many time.  Someone sees a link to answer their question here at AVSIM and the link no longer exists as the topic was hidden.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

It's easy  Jim. All you have to do is disrespect JV. I'm banned over there too. It's a long story.

Sue

41 minutes ago, Penzoil3 said:

It's easy  Jim. All you have to do is disrespect JV. I'm banned over there too. It's a long story.

Sue

Yeah, but you deserved it, potty mouth. :biggrin:

She was banned for supporting me Jim.  They started out as temporary bans but then we changed our avatars to the American Revolution Don't Tread on Me flag and got permanently banned.

Noel

Try copying the external link address, then log in to the site and paste the link?

In honesty, I have had lots of problems with ORBX scenery, I have had times when the sim pauses for nearly a minutes then resumes. I have row re-installed but can't use the UK part of Europe.

Edited by Enko

What did I ever do to you Ron?  Stating that I refused to bow toward Australia on a prayer rug wasn't  "potty mouth".

Sue