Sign in to follow this  
Leen3131cs

I wonder

Today I saw a ascreenshot showing a plane ( freeware ) for AFS2.
This model is also available as freeware for XP.

The screenshot I saw was showing the plane wearing a textureset made by me , for the XP model.

Nobody asked me permission to use  and publish the textures I made.

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Whats the plane? As far as I know, all the freeware planes now in Aerofly were under a GNU license. But if there was a mistake, I'm sure a texture could be removed.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

9 minutes ago, Leen3131cs said:

Today I saw a ascreenshot showing a plane ( freeware ) for AFS2.
This model is also available as freeware for XP.

The screenshot I saw was showing the plane wearing a textureset made by me , for the XP model.

Nobody asked me permission to use  and publish the textures I made.

How are you so sure that's yours?. It wouldn't be the first time that this happens with you.

Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

I never ever accused someone about misusing my works without reason.  Please stick to facts.

How did I get the impression.
Another simmer from the ASF2 community asked me for another paint and told me he KNOWS the person who published it , used my works (he told him)
Besides that I can recognise my paints from screenshots especially when they are different from the original model due to limitations of the model.( I made fantasy patterns on the nose the original pattern was not possible)
For the same model another paint(  NOT painted by me)  was used , which was made by a friend of mine.

I am not giving furter informatioin here because I wait for a reation of the person involved first.
Me might have done it by mistake or without thinking about artists rights and stuff.
Its no good using stuff others made and publish it as was it made by yourself.

When someone uses artwork made by somebody else ,permission should be asked and credits given.

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

33 minutes ago, Leen3131cs said:

When someone uses artwork made by somebody else ,permission should be asked and credits given.

?

Each of the Aerofly Aircraft has credits given in the readme....... This is why I asked which aircraft.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

There's a lot more of this going on than you might think. It happens with freeware scenery also. There are so many tools available to convert models from one format to another that such theft is difficult to control. 

Just take a look at this thread regarding WT 3 on the AIG forum:

https://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=29795.msg304584#msg304584

It would be a nightmare to try to figure out whether all these converted models and paints have permission from each author. I use WT 3 in XP11 and I always assumed that the models and paints are all used with permission.

Could we please have a little clarification? Was this a plane that is included with Aerofly, that includes your repaint, or is this a freeware third party plane, that someone may have adopted your XP repaint and applied it for personal use with their personal Aerofly installation, then posted a screen shot? 

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

It was NOT a livery  provided by Aerofly , its third party .And its avaiable on the internet.    https://github.com/krzysk1/tomahawk

As I understand its not possible for me to extract the files to photoshop so its hard to superimpose the textures to draw a 100% proof conclusion based on that.
Its an advantage of Aerofly , textures can not be extracted, the same time it makes it more difficult to proof misuse from material from other sims.
But as as I explained before , it has a paintsceme wich has been designed by me and that differs from the real life plane.
So you cannot say both painters made a 100% top quality depiction of the real thing so its identical by nature.

When we have a look at the Spanish version of the Tomahawk we see a livery wich is 100% identic to the one Antonio Navarro made for the same plane in X-Plane
Details and lines are 100% placed at the same positions ( counting plate-rivets and lines ) 
Two painters do not paint pixel-precise the same thing by accident

breitling.png

mybreitling.jpg

real.jpg.d4f28b07b2eb2d7ca3c432b1b16f38c2.jpg

On top the paint on the  model in Aerofly.
In the middle the one I made for XP10 in 2013 ( Available at the X-Plane.org library )
Bottom picture shows the original one. photo by Christian Waser

As you can see the liveries for the sims are identical
Look at the flames wich look as like they go into the window ( on the original way different )

Shapes of the flames way different from the real thing, nevertheless identical on the liveries.
Position of registrations, text and position of wing-text to fuelcaps.

Engine stickers and fuel sticker NOT present on original plane.

This is no co-incidence , this is my paint placed and published on a Aerofly model WITHOUT asking my permission.

When permission was asked and proper credits were made , I certainly would have given permission.

Now I am disappointed and angry , others showing of with my works not asking permission , thats so silly.

The readme says:

# tomahawk
The Piper PA-38-112 Tomahawk is a two-seat, fixed tricycle gear general aviation airplane, originally designed for flight training, touring and personal use. (From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) 

This is free add-on for Aerofly FS2 developed by Krzysztof Kaniewski, 3D model by Adrian Fernandez Gomez (please visit www.alcala-sim.com)

Some features may not work as intended and this aircraft could crash your Aerofly FS2. 
 Use it at your own risk!

Installation

1. Unzip file and move the folder "tomahawk" to C:\Users\~\Documents\Aerofly FS2\aircraft.

end quote readme.

Its clear ,credits to the original makers of the liveries ( it was not just my livery wich was re-used**) are missing.
I think there is no need for more information to proof.
I hope developers and re-developers will not make the same mistake ( I assume its just a sloppy mistake , as I said before)  in future.
No for me personally only but for all painters whose artistic efforts are being used without their permission.
Writing a mail to the publisher sometimes works ( in this case I could not find the mailadress of the person involved, it was not in the readme too !)  ,but publishing the case on a forum is more informative for the whole community and hopefully he`ll read this topic and contact me.

This things just should not happen.
Credits are not something to be asked for afterwards , credits should be given in respect of the original maker or the artwork right away AFTER being permitted to use the files.

Leen de Jager

https://www.aerofly.com/community/forum/index.php?thread/14300-tomahawk-coming-along-nicely/

The version made by Antonio Afnavarro

b9b935be1baf77ae06c44e239561df48-pa-38_t

52e03702f267684a2f487961e088ee56-pa-38_t

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

Marina D`Or flying in Aerofly

yC7cxq.jpg

this was published by me on X-Plane.org in 2013 too

marina.jpg

I am afraid many models initially made by Alcala were converted ( with or without permission )  to a model for Aerofly and many third-party liveries available were used without asking. ( I checked and Antonio Navarro was not asked either for his Spanish Tomahawk) 

Th LV-YOD version I made is used too.

This is really to bad.

https://www.aerofly.com/community/forum/index.php?thread/14321-pipercub-released-for-public-download/

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints