Sign in to follow this  
garydpoole

New Palma de Mallorca from Justsim ?

41 minutes ago, Boeing or not going said:

Nobody talks about the behind the scenes of development at all. I bet these guys are the original developers for Aerosoft, and Aerosoft did not have them doing an update. Aerosoft then did a quick job updating it because they did not have the original talented modeling team. If you see airports that have not been updated by developers most likely the modeling team is no longer part of their group, like FlyTampa ignoring Dubai and Aerosoft ignoring Dublin.

That's wrong!

FlyTampa is updating Dubai at the moment. http://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=13064

LEPA was developed by Simwings, they are still active and they are still working with Aerosoft. But they are also still using "old FS9 looking" textures. (or in the LEPA case - they don't want to change them). That's their style. And I'm not a fan of this old style, time has changed. The only good looking airport (as I remember now) is still Anchorage, that was their best work (and it's even now looking great - years after the orignal release!)

Aerosoft was updating scenery after Justsim jumped in with German and Spain airports. Before they were not interested in updating scenerys.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, ZKOKQ said:

I'm lost in translation. Does umell181 mean AS is better and JS is word not allowed ?

I thought it was the other way around ?

I understood that JS was better than Aerosoft, and that the Aerosoft port to P3D4 was light, using materials from the FS9 time.

Guillaume

YouTube Channel : The Flying Frog (P3D flying)

My Flickr Gallery : clicky clicky

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D at 4.5 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming RAM: 48 Gb GPU: 1x RTX 4090 OS : Win 11 Display : Philips BD4350UC (4K 43" display) + 1 AOC 21" FHD side display
Hardware: Virpil WarBRD Base with WarBRD Grip OR Warthog Grip, VPC ACE Collection Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Goflight MCP Pro, Custom homecockpit.

14 minutes ago, TopGun33 said:

I understood that JS was better than Aerosoft, and that the Aerosoft port to P3D4 was light, using materials from the FS9 time.

Ahh, ok. You lost me when you said "I will stick with the Aerosft version " lol

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Oh yes sorry about that 😂 I should have been more clear. What I mean is that since there are no major layout makeovers, I'll stick with the AS version until the JS version is on sale later on. I am keeping my budget for something else so far.

• Upvote 1

Guillaume

YouTube Channel : The Flying Frog (P3D flying)

My Flickr Gallery : clicky clicky

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D at 4.5 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming RAM: 48 Gb GPU: 1x RTX 4090 OS : Win 11 Display : Philips BD4350UC (4K 43" display) + 1 AOC 21" FHD side display
Hardware: Virpil WarBRD Base with WarBRD Grip OR Warthog Grip, VPC ACE Collection Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Goflight MCP Pro, Custom homecockpit.

1 hour ago, Boeing or not going said:

like FlyTampa ignoring Dubai

Except that they're not...

QtcSY09.png

Barcelona and Anchorage aside, I'm not a fan of Sim-Wings' sceneries. They look very dated in comparison to anything that has been released in the past 2 years.

Digital Designs are a good developer (see their GCTS, EGGP and LOWS airports) and people have been complimenting the collaboration with JustSim for Brussels.
Therefore, if you don't already have LEPA, the JustSim & Digital Designs version would be the one to go for.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

I am a really big fan of Digital Design, have all their sceneries. Justsim is good enough but not Digital Design level. Now, this cooperation is a mix I guess. What I like in the pictures is certainly their ground textures and markings. What I don't like - and this is a characteristic of JustSim sceneries - is their bland - uniform terminal textures. They don't have realistic texturing/weathering, looking like carton boxes. I would disagree that the SimWings version is outdated, somehow the color balance in SimWings seem more natural to me. Justsim sceneries have all a monotonous color tone that I dont like. Generally I am very happy with SimWings sceneries. Digital Design is above SimWings and JustSim in my opinion in terms of overall quality, modeling, texturing. Their latest EDDP for example is just perfect. However this cooperation for LEPA seems to me that most of the modeling is done by JustSim, looking at these terminal models. If I had to choose I'd go with the new JS/DD one, just for the better ground textures and use of P3Dv4 materials. But  I don't think its a day/night comparison as others imply. I think the SimWings version still holds well and in terms of color balance I find it much better.

Edited by Daedalus
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

Well if you have been there in real life unfortunately Justsim is just off 😉 not accurate but more an artist impression which looks great, but for me personal I will keep the AS one...

Edited by awf
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

André

33 minutes ago, Daedalus said:

I am a really big fan of Digital Design, have all their sceneries. Justsim is good enough but not Digital Design level. Now, this cooperation is a mix I guess. What I like in the pictures is certainly their ground textures and markings. What I don't like - and this is a characteristic of JustSim sceneries - is their bland - uniform terminal textures. They don't have realistic texturing/weathering, looking like carton boxes. I would disagree that the SimWings version is outdated, somehow the color balance in SimWings seem more natural to me. Justsim sceneries have all a monotonous color tone that I dont like. Generally I am very happy with SimWings sceneries. Digital Design is above SimWings and JustSim in my opinion in terms of overall quality, modeling, texturing. Their latest EDDP for example is just perfect. However this cooperation for LEPA seems to me that most of the modeling is done by JustSim, looking at these terminal models. If I had to choose I'd go with the new JS/DD one, just for the better ground textures and use of P3Dv4 materials. But  I don't think its a day/night comparison as others imply. I think the SimWings version still holds well and in terms of color balance I find it much better.

Yes, the terminals are ok from Simwings. They are not the best like Flytampa, Flightbeam or Jetstream, but they are ok. But the groundtextures are really outdated in my eyes, really to much brown and blurry for me. Ok, everybody has different eyes. The buildings in the new Justsim / Digital Design Version are looking also better for me. When Justsim had done without Digital Design, I'll never purchase it, it will look ... . But with Digital Design on board it's fantastic. In my case, I'm really happy to get rid of from the simwings version, and I hope they are doeing more spanish airports like Ibiza. I'm still hoping Simwings changes his groundwork, it's looking like FS9. A few weeks ago I've done a flight to Malaga, this airport is not so old like Palma (was developed a few years later), but still has the same ground texture style. When I'll get some experience to to this, I'll try to replace the ground textures with more modern textures for me.

11 minutes ago, awf said:

Well if you have been there in real life Justsim is just off 😉 not accurate but more an artist impression so I will keep the AS one...

You have your own eyes, open some youtube videos and google earth and look which one compares better.

• Like 1

Well, I decided to give it a try given the fact that I have all Digital Design - Justsim/Digital Design sceneries and I am very impressed. I will have to retreat from my previous statement and I now believe it is a much better version than the Sim-wings one. The reason is that uppon close inspection and not looking the screenshots you can see that the ground textures as well as terminal models are amazingly sharp and well modeled. The textures are also very good, especially compared to Sim-wings. The way light reflects on material is also changing with time. What I still think Sim-wings have done better is the jetbridges, which are white as the real ones and they have correct models. JS/DD version has a more grey  jetbridge which I plan to try to replace with a better model using GSX level 2, but its not a deal breaker. The overall quality of the airport is very high and lives up to today's high scenery standards for sure. 

Edited by Daedalus
  • Like 1

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

Purchased it at Day 1! and I liked it from the first view. And yes, when you start first at this airports, you (or maybe only I'm) know, if you like it or not.

Maybe anyone can post the same shots from the Simwings Version to compare.

15Y8p3d.jpg

Y7BvGBA.jpg

0kjM4sr.jpg

ixr4iC3.jpg

qw4VoZR.jpg

Now, I'm waiting for the SODE Jetways to get this airport complete. The Terminal Windows can be done better at night, that's the only "big" thing I found for the moment.

Have Fun

Urmel

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Urmel81 said:

That's wrong!

FlyTampa is updating Dubai at the moment. http://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=13064

LEPA was developed by Simwings, they are still active and they are still working with Aerosoft. But they are also still using "old FS9 looking" textures. (or in the LEPA case - they don't want to change them). That's their style. And I'm not a fan of this old style, time has changed. The only good looking airport (as I remember now) is still Anchorage, that was their best work (and it's even now looking great - years after the orignal release!)

Aerosoft was updating scenery after Justsim jumped in with German and Spain airports. Before they were not interested in updating scenerys.

FlyTampa has been updating Dubai for years allegedly. I am talking about the people doing the original scenery. Actual names of people. Not "Simwings" but the actual people on the team doing the old work. Anchorage looks no different from the original release, they added dynamic lights then released the product again for P3D version 4.

Did the team doing Aerosoft Maastrict also leave? Aerosoft released an update that is 5 years old ground layout and said they do not plan to update it to the modern day layout.

The Justsim and Digital Design team used to do Aerosoft stuff or else how could they have similar looking models for the airports Aerosoft used to do. Aerosoft Luxembourg and Aerosoft German Airports Leipzig look close to identical except better texture updates today. I admitted I am not familiar in the development side but asked if some people used to do development for other teams and you did not respond to my question you attacked me, insulted me then made statements about Dubai that everybody has read for years about an update coming some day.

Edited by Boeing or not going
  • Upvote 2

17 hours ago, F737NG said:

Except that they're not...

QtcSY09.png

Barcelona and Anchorage aside, I'm not a fan of Sim-Wings' sceneries. They look very dated in comparison to anything that has been released in the past 2 years.

Digital Designs are a good developer (see their GCTS, EGGP and LOWS airports) and people have been complimenting the collaboration with JustSim for Brussels.
Therefore, if you don't already have LEPA, the JustSim & Digital Designs version would be the one to go for.

Fly Tampa are working on a Dubai update for how many years so far? Is the Level-D 757 coming out first? I asked if the original modeling people had left not if Dubai is eventually coming out again with an update. Anybody can read their claims of development updates.

Edited by Boeing or not going

Not sure about all that green grass. Simwings comes with surrounding photo terrain.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

1 minute ago, ZKOKQ said:

Not sure about all that green grass. Simwings comes with surrounding photo terrain.

Can you disable? I like the Orbx OpenLC Europe instead of photo textures