Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Benefits of upgrading to P3D v4.5 HF1

Please share your experience.

Are loading times increased?

Better fps?

Better night lighting? I'm using FTXG and was wondering if there's still an improvement.

Anything else worth sharing?

Thanks for the feedback!

Jose

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

There’s an entire thread about the update. It takes 5 minute to install. 5 minutes to revert back. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Everything has to be tried by yourself, and you must use your own hands to study your own research. Don't listen to anything, and people who want to share will naturally share it. I suggest that you completely uninstall your P3D, install HF1 completely, and you will find a qualitative leap.

best wishes。

Let me ask again!

Better fps?

Better night lighting? I'm using FTXG and was wondering if there's still an improvement.

Thanks for the feedback!

Jose

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Are loading times increased?  No

Better fps? No

Better night lighting? I'm using FTXG and was wondering if there's still an improvement.  Not yet flown at night.

Anything else worth sharing? I did the Client only.  I didn't have problems with 4.5, and the Hotfix didn't make any real difference for me.

HTH,

Greg

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, cdv0007 said:

I suggest that you completely uninstall your P3D

Don't do this. Massive waste of time for a point release. 

So many users here make this process 1000% more complicated than it has to be.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

re loading times increased?  yes because there is no addon installed just now

Better fps? yes because there is no addon installed just now

Better night lighting?  no , always unreal

Anything else worth sharing? If you don't install the HF1 completely, you will see countless bright white blocks on the ground in the low-altitude clouds, which can also be seen in some clouds. but 4.4 is OK

good luck , stay your 4.4 untill halfyear~i think~

i am install the HF1 fully and feel despair.

My experience has been nothing but positive. I did a clean install and added my compliment of add-ons (ORBX, global, vector, open LC, regions, airports, etc, Active Sky, Sky Force, Environment Force, and my fleet of GA airplanes...A2A, Vrtex, RealAir)  I’m seeing 8-10 FPS gains in almost every scenario. I know that is not typical of what is being reported, but hey that’s what I’m seeing on my rig and not complaining at all. 

Chris

4 minutes ago, snglecoil said:

My experience has been nothing but positive. I did a clean install and added my compliment of add-ons (ORBX, global, vector, open LC, regions, airports, etc, Active Sky, Sky Force, Environment Force, and my fleet of GA airplanes...A2A, Vrtex, RealAir)  I’m seeing 8-10 FPS gains in almost every scenario. I know that is not typical of what is being reported, but hey that’s what I’m seeing on my rig and not complaining at all. 

Vrtex DA62 is working ?~

10 minutes ago, cdv0007 said:

Vrtex DA62 is working ?~

Yes!

• Like 1

Chris

Normally I jump on these updates because there is something in them that motivates me to do so, such as PBR in the 4.4 update. In this case there doesn't seem to be much for me other than simply being on the latest platform. 5 minutes to install and 5 minutes to revert seems like a massive understatement given that if you have any add-ons there is a high likelihood that you'll need to seek out and install updates for those as well. So, for me I'm sticking with 4.4 until there is a compelling reason to move forward.

Edited by slait

- Aaron

3 hours ago, DJJose said:

Better fps?

Thanks for the feedback!

Jose

Better load times on certain orbx sceneries especially Orlando. I also had a bug in 4.4 where some scenery items would not load on arrival (taxi bridge at t2g kmco that wasn’t meant for p3dv4) but now loads correctly in 4.5.

FPS is much better than 4.5 non-hot fix but no better than 4.4. 

Night lighting is improved depending on your add on scenery. I am noticing higher draw distances with orbx lights which looks better than in 4.4.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, DJJose said:

Better fps?

Thanks for the feedback!

Jose

Are you looking for a comparison to V4.5.11, or to V4.4. ?

The answers above are inconsistent in that regard.. :unsure:

For what it is worth, V4.5.11. improved scenery loading for me vs V4.4. (fewer pauses) but impacted scenery rendering a bit...

For V4.5.12. it looks like they backed off what the original release did a bit.. and restored the rendering performance.. but some pauses have come back.. Looks like they are pushing the envelope of the ESP engine..

Overall, V4.5.12. is running smoothly for me now, and I have no desire to go back to V4.4.

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Bert

Hi Bert,

Your tips about that FFTF tool and using RTSS helped me *lots* so thank you for that!  \o/

Do you think that LM could put scenery loading into its own thread and that would help?  Prolly a lot of work to do...

Going to try the 4.5 hotfix today *fingers crossed*.

• Like 1