Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Benefits of upgrading to P3D v4.5 HF1

1 hour ago, Buffy Foster said:

Hi Bert,

Your tips about that FFTF tool and using RTSS helped me *lots* so thank you for that!  \o/

Do you think that LM could put scenery loading into its own thread and that would help?  Prolly a lot of work to do...

Going to try the 4.5 hotfix today *fingers crossed*.

Do you have a link to Bert's post?

**EDIT**

I think I found it:

Edited by HUSSAR
  • Upvote 1

\Robert Hamlich/

3 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Are you looking for a comparison to V4.5.11, or to V4.4. ?

The answers above are inconsistent in that regard.. :unsure:

For what it is worth, V4.5.11. improved scenery loading for me vs V4.4. (fewer pauses) but impacted scenery rendering a bit...

For V4.5.12. it looks like they backed off what the original release did a bit.. and restored the rendering performance.. but some pauses have come back.. Looks like they are pushing the envelope of the ESP engine..

Overall, V4.5.12. is running smoothly for me now, and I have no desire to go back to V4.4.

Will try it again when the FSL bus is out for 4.5.12, till then 4.4 😉

André

3 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Are you looking for a comparison to V4.5.11, or to V4.4. ?

Yes.

I want a Fully operating PTA and it looks like Matt finally got it working with 4.5. All my other required addons seem to have already been updated to p3d v4.5.

Still need an update for REX SF, but it looks like it's on the way.

Edited by DJJose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

4 hours ago, JasonPC said:

Better load times on certain orbx sceneries especially Orlando. I also had a bug in 4.4 where some scenery items would not load on arrival (taxi bridge at t2g kmco that wasn’t meant for p3dv4) but now loads correctly in 4.5.

Thanks!

Finally finished testing T2G KMCO with FTX Orlando City (deleted some bgls from the KMCO terrain folder) and I'm very happy with the results in P3D v4.4. Looks great together!

My only complain is that I wish it would load a little faster. Looking forward to see if it's improved with 4.5 on my system.

Myself I went from 4.4 -> 4.5, then back to 4.4 and now to 4.5 HF1 and I think this time around I'll be staying.

When I updated from 4.4 to the original 4.5 release I did notice many great improvements, however the performance loss was just unaccepatable and therefore I rolled back to 4,4 pending the hotfix release.

When you're running vsync'd framerates of 30 FPS and you loose 10% performance (3 FPS) you're no longer able to keep in the vsync sweet spot and the whole flight becomes a stutter and frame drop mess, that was the only reason to roll back to 4.4 from my end.

Very happy with 4.5 HF1 so far and am in the process of running testing at my fav testing airports.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

I always update on release, but I was busy when 4.5 can out. After reading that there would be a hot fix coming I decided to wait. Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread.

It didn’t do much for FPS or load time improvements for me, Having said that I didn’t see an issue before the hot fix.

Client update only for me, really didn’t want to do a compete uninstall. I think I’m done updating though until something revolutionary is offered as my sim runs good and I’m happy. It’s a fantastic time to be a simmer!!! 

Edited by flyinpilot212121

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

For me it has been beneficial. FPS improved by 5 to 6 on worst scenario (EGLL with PMDG747) and have reverted to general P3D setting of 30 fps from previous 25. Night time lighting looks a bit clearer too.

Ian Harrison

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

Well, I updated to the hotfix and did content and scenery too.  Worked real nice and flies real nice too, and i could move my sliders up and stay at my 30fps for JoinFS.

My P3D used 100% CPU on its core even with v4.4, so I don't see anything different there.  And I use an affinity mask to move it to Core 1 and not use the logical cores, just the main ones.  That FTFF tool and RTSS kept everything smooth, even looking around lots with Track-IR.  So, I'm glad I updated.  🙂

• Like 1