Sign in to follow this  
newtie

update install on top of?

Hi-

I just did a fresh install of P3D + HF1 and received the dialog popup saying there's an RXP update.

Can I install this on top of my existing installation?

Thanks,

Mark

Also curious whether GTN is install on top of, or uninstall current/install 2.5.17?

Kind Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

Hi,

Yes you can always install over unless it is mentioned otherwise.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Yes, I received an update notice for my RXP.750 When I said yes to update, it defaulted to my windows Systems folder.  Is that correct or do I need to point the installer to where the gamin 750 is installed?

@egguzman I'm afraid I don't understand: the 'update notice' lets you download a .zip file which includes the latest installers. What defaulted to your Systems folder? And it defaulted to do what?

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Hi Jean,  Well the update automatically defaulted to my Windows System folder when I clicked yes to update. I didn't notice if it was a zip file or not.    I thought that was unusual and I just canceled the update.  Normally if I receive an update of any kind it either default to the actual program directory or my download folder.  That is where I have all my downloads go.    It just seem strange that the update installer pointed to the Windows/System directory. 

I'll see if I get prompt to update the program again and I will change the default directory folder that this update is telling me to download since you are now saying that it is just a zip file with the update. Strange, this never happen to me before with any updates....Will advise.....thanks!

Edited by egguzman

45 minutes ago, egguzman said:

I'll see if I get prompt to update the program again and I will change the default directory folder that this update is telling me to download

You can just manually request the update:

1) there should be a shortcut in the Windows Start | Reality XP program group

2) there is a Check Updates... button in the Settings Panel (SHIFT+right click) (FltSim)

3) there is a Check Updates... menu in the plugins menu (X-Plane)

3 hours ago, RXP said:

You can just manually request the update:

1) there should be a shortcut in the Windows Start | Reality XP program group

2) there is a Check Updates... button in the Settings Panel (SHIFT+right click) (FltSim)

3) there is a Check Updates... menu in the plugins menu (X-Plane)

Thanks Jean-Luc.   I'll do that instead.  Much appreciate the support!   Love the add on very much.  Make the Flight Sim experience much better.

• Like 2