Sign in to follow this  
callegro

How to properly transfer fuel?

Can someone give me a tutorial in how I properly transfer fuel to the feeder tanks when my wing tanks are becoming low?

Reading the manual and its somewhat confusing.

Thanks

42 minutes ago, callegro said:

Can someone give me a tutorial in how I properly transfer fuel to the feeder tanks when my wing tanks are becoming low?

Reading the manual and its somewhat confusing.

Thanks

Just to be clear, the wing tanks supply the feeder tanks, and the feeder tanks supply the engines.

You cannot manually transfer fuel from the wing tanks to the feeder tanks. When the feeder tanks drop down to 600lbs of fuel, this is detected by floats in the feeder tanks and this float based system operates to transfer fuel from the wing tanks to the feeders to keep the feeders at 600lbs. Of course, once the wing tanks are empty the fuel will drop below 600lbs in the feeder tanks and you need to land soon!   😉

Al

Edited by ark

Hey there, I've been having problems with the fuel transfer system in my Falcon 50. I have done a clean reinstall and still my wing tanks don't transfer into my feeder tanks after 600lbs. Also, my "Fueling" light has remained illuminated on the annunciator panel.

8 hours ago, callegro said:

Hey there, I've been having problems with the fuel transfer system in my Falcon 50. I have done a clean reinstall and still my wing tanks don't transfer into my feeder tanks after 600lbs. Also, my "Fueling" light has remained illuminated on the annunciator panel.

So what you are saying is the feeder tanks simply go down to 0 pounds and the fuel quantity in the 3 wing tanks do not change?  Do you have the Booster pumps on? What sim are you using, and what a/c do you use as your default startup a/c when the sim loads before switching to the Falcon?

Al

P3d V4.5

F35 on default startup

Booster pumps were on

That is correct, the only thing that worked for me today was using the emergency fuel transfer  on the main pane.

9 minutes ago, callegro said:

P3d V4.5

F35 on default startup

Booster pumps were on

That is correct, the only thing that worked for me today was using the emergency fuel transfer  on the main pane.

I meant to say make sure the XFR, transfer pumps, are on (on means the yellow XFR light is out).

Correct, XFR pumps were on (lights out) think it could have anything to do with the C/D buses?

15 minutes ago, callegro said:

Correct, XFR pumps were on (lights out) think it could have anything to do with the C/D buses?

No, doubt it. You could try clicking on 'Ready to Start' on the Falcon 50 Hanger popup (SHift+1) and going from there. There is also a checklist on the Kneeboard you could scan through to see if anything catches your eye. If the engines are running, no critical lights on the warning panel, all pumps on, all batteries and generators on, bleed air switches on, I don't know what else to suggest except maybe try re-downloading the installer from the store in case it was corrupted for some reason.

Hopefully someone else may have some ideas to help.

Al

On 5/19/2019 at 8:29 PM, callegro said:

Did you solve your feeder tank fuel problem? I'm asking because theophile above seems to be having the same issue.

Thx,

Al

I did not notice before because all of my previous flights where less than 1 hour long,so the feeder tanks were sufficient there.Once I started doing 

a longer flight,I ran out of fuel in the nr1 and nr3 engines,and because  the nr1 and nr3 feeder thanks were empty,I could not do an air restart.

Having said all this,the Falcon50 still remains my favourite aircraft,I even prefer it to my (very expensive) PMDG 747-800

• Like 1

Having reloaded the Falcon for the third time,I finally got everything working.(except still no TCAS whatsoever,even using only the default P3d aircraft).

I am grateful to now have a fully (or almost) operational Falcon 50.