Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

More Nostalgia - The Winnie Mae!

I love Nostalgia, and who cannot remember the Winnie Mae and its going around the world in eight days, instead of 80.  I installed Wing42's reproduction of this aircraft and it is amazing, and believe it or not, a systems aircraft--one has to manage the systems of the day, such as Spark Advance, fuel primer, the starter and clutch, to get and keep this bird in the air.  Once airborne, it is nearly a hands off flyer, slow and lumbering like you would expect such an aircraft to be.  The fit and finish and interior are lacking though--they lack the smell of varnish, lol!  It is a worthy add on for those who do not like to FMS everything, and want to still have long or short flights to take their guests around.

John

iGmWkpy.jpg
sqRoYFT.jpg
bP5ZWni.jpg
whDWfKb.jpg
AYlp4bU.jpg
gVaW6Sq.jpg

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Once again, John, an excellent way to show us this plane. I love it too and fly it a lot around California

• Like 1

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080