Sign in to follow this  
PebbleBeach

Texture Assignment Question

First and foremost, I do realize this forum is intended for FSX users so I apologize in advance as my question pertains to FS9/2004.

That said, I was hoping a scenery expert could weigh in and assist me with a question.

With permission of the Mach1 scenery design authors, I am in the process of revamping and retexturing Southwest Florida KRSW for FS9. I have a texturing issue which I addressed with the original authors and unfortunately they are unable to assist as their lives have gone other directions etc.

The issue I am having is that a certain texture is assigned to cover two areas on buildings. The texture works great on one building but is horribly repetitive on the other. Therefore, I wish to design a new texture for the second area - which I have since done. NOW THE PROBLEM..  I have no idea how to assign this texture within the given BGL file. 

I have read much of late and have downloaded and installed several programs which decompile, analyzes, and recompile’s the BGL. However, I see no where within the XML or anywhere else which indicates where texture BMP’s are assigned.

If anyone is willing to give me some directions on this issue it would be greatly appreciated. The KRSW scenery will continue to be freeware.

Thank you,

Mitch