Sign in to follow this  
Nemo

What's going on with REX?

First we had those troubles with Environment Force, bloom, brightness, misleading comments, unclear statements... . Then Sky Force with Technical Update 2.1, which came with broken cloud models (How can this happen?), and now again problems with SF TU 2.2. I understand that problems were arriving with EF because it is a new product, but I have less understanding for the SF issues.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

To make matters worse for me I deleted my last fully working build.

Unless I find a way to copy the cloud structures from my last installed P3D v4.4, I'm stuck with default structures.

I hope the REX team can sort this out quickly or make the previous build available for download.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I dont know. Looks more like a bad luck streak to me. I dont have the feeling that there is a quality control issue or anything like that. Sure it can get frustrating, but to be fair REX does some pretty cool stuff with Sky Force and Environment Force. And now with the release of EF, LM released the hotfix. Maybe I am wrong but the SF update was released on 05/09 and worked fine and shortly after came the p3d update. So I am sure when they tested the software it worked in beta.
Both products provide functions that are not just replacing but enhance what is in p3d. And I am sure they are working non stop to solve the problems. And the marketing, it is what it is. Eventualy every one will be happy. But you are right it is hard to have the standart cloud modles. Makes me appreciate SF even more. 😁

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

MCE_banner_272_68.jpg

Environment Force as a whole just seems like a bit of a problem child for REX at the moment. It seems like they are giving it a lot of attention, a lot of resources and it just appears like it's issue upon issue, question upon question. The thread here on Avsim has grown to 28 pages and it's nothing but a glorified support thread. Barely a single decent review, set of screenshot or (comparison) videos to actually show it off. Then again, also seems like a novelty product that is hard to actually justify, bit smoke and mirrors as it doesn't really come across that well in screenshots or videos, yet some people praise it as the new big thing.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Really!

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 hour ago, xxd09 said:

Don’t mention MV WX Radar!

xxd09

Uninstalled after using it for just one month once I discovered it caused lots of trouble. A waste of time (and money) in my case.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

7 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

Yeah I've seen it. I know what the product does and can do, I was even very positive about it pre-release if you check my profile. However, tweaking on the fly is already available without dropping $33, thanks to the new Reload Shaders functions in 4.5 (plus you have access to a whole heap more settings with other software), so that to me is less interesting. The big ticket item was automation mode, that I figured was going to be a lot more impactful than it really is. The one comparison video I've seen done is incredibly lackluster and doesn't sell the product well at all. It's a neat little demonstration but lacks in execution, at least for its price point. And looking at the staggering amount of problems people have, it's not really a "set and forget" piece of software either. Luckily the function is now exposed to every developer and we might see competition ramp up, plus see some actual top notch usage of the function. Matt has already talked about it for PTA v3.

• Like 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Like  to know  what  addon  that  doesn't have  issues  when  released

• Like 2

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I normally wait for the dust to settle after a P3D update and after releases like this EF product. Meanwhile I'm still enjoying P3Dv4.4 with AS16, Envtex and REX 4TD+SC very much.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

2 hours ago, xxd09 said:

Don’t mention MV WX Radar!

xxd09

I've been complaining about this (it's been over a month and no fix), but all I've gotten is other users screaming that I should be patient. The only Rex product I own is the WX radar...and it'll be the only one I ever buy. They have too many irons in the fire and obviously aren't able to support all their offerings in a timely manner.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

1 hour ago, edpatino said:

I normally wait for the dust to settle after a P3D update and after releases like this EF product. Meanwhile I'm still enjoying P3Dv4.4 with AS16, Envtex and REX 4TD+SC very much.

Cheers, Ed

You are the wise one here. That dang impatience always sneaks up on you 😛

1 minute ago, Sethos1988 said:

You are the wise one here. That dang impatience always sneaks up on you 😛

😂 indeed patience will pay out, but did't follow my own advice so was also on the REX train... 😲

But my guess is Tim and co will work very hard to solve all issues and in this case I will temporary disable and choose a different combo I have...

André

Yeah, Skyforce was a disappointment, but at least SOME of the clouds looked decent.  I forgave them for that because of EF, but I feel very misled because that product was buggy and partially functional too.  In fact, the impression I got from support with respect to problems in MANUAL mode was that they knew about some of the problems prior to release and released it anyway.  Wonderful.  Same nonsense as before- remember the weather engine problem that was billed to be fixed when EF released and SF updated?    Now, they're saying that the weather engine fix will come later as part of Weather Force.  Sounds like they're kicking the can down the road again- REX is great at marketing, but terrible at living up to their promises.  This goes beyond just the usual problems associated with a release.  They lost my trust and my business.  I'll use EF if they fix it- but I doubt that I will be supporting REX in the future. 

Maybe PTA will come out with some kind of upgrade that will allow us to make changes in the sim, on the fly too-  Refreshing shaders is great now, but making changes is still tedious...

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, somiller said:

I've been complaining about this (it's been over a month and no fix), but all I've gotten is other users screaming that I should be patient. The only Rex product I own is the WX radar...and it'll be the only one I ever buy. They have too many irons in the fire and obviously aren't able to support all their offerings in a timely manner.

They haven't even provided a lot of support for their existing products either, namely their weather engine.  They also haven't updated clouds and skies (which was a promise made long ago), and I doubt that a lot of promises will be kept in the future.  I'm tired of being told to be patient.  They offer a product, they should not release it if it's broken, period. 

• Upvote 1