Sign in to follow this  
Nemo

What's going on with REX?

3 minutes ago, fs1 said:

I did the core engine for EF. I am not a REX employee.

Congratulation Sir. Just quick update on the situation. At the moment REX is on a bad luck streak. SF injects textures but not the structures. And now SF seems to have an update, but users getting the message "enter beta code" (technical issue already reported and acknowldegd by support). Brace your self for some salty comments. Thats just the nature of social media, it is diffrent from a real conversation. It is quick and easy to complain and the tone can get a bit harsh. On the other hand comments arent as bad intended as they might show. That is just a phenomenon of social media.
My experience: Never take it personal but always serious.

• Like 1

MCE_banner_272_68.jpg

1 minute ago, Rasterfahnder said:

Congratulation Sir. Just quick update on the situation. At the moment REX is on a bad luck streak. SF injects textures but not the structures. And now SF seems to have an update, but users getting the message "enter beta code" (technical issue already reported and acknowldegd by support). Brace your self for some salty comments. Thats just the nature of social media, it is diffrent from a real conversation. It is quick and easy to complain and the tone can get a bit harsh. On the other hand comments arent as bad intended as they might show. That is just a phenomenon of social media.

Ok let me speak to Reed and I will assure an answer and a solution to you guys, if that’s fine with you.

• Like 1

Federico Sucari

10 minutes ago, Rasterfahnder said:

From what I understand the beta code message is basically because they pulled the update at the last minute due to problems (surprise, surprise). Apparently rather than pull the update completely from the server, they just put a beta password to prevent the file from being downloaded.

fs1 if I were you I'd just graciously refer everyone to REX customer support. Since you're not an employee no need to take the flack. They are going to get a lot of criticism. Some cases more deserved than others. Issues with a new product, typical have some patience. Breaking a well-established working program that's over a year old for over a week with a bad update with no roll-back or solution, inexcusable to me.

Edited by JasonPC

Just a small input from the other side... (and I have no connection to the REX team, beta testers, etc).  Just completed 2 short flights using EF (textures from SF) and AS weather.  I saw absolutely beautiful skies, cloud textures, shadows, etc (running EF in AUTO mode).  I did NOT run SF program before these flights until I came here and noticed users reporting a "BETA CODE" requirement.  I then opened the SF exe and observed this odd behavior also.  I simply closed the SF program, then relaunched EF, AS and P3D.  As EF does not require SF to be running, everything went completely normal and all looked good once again. 

Edited by vcarlo
  • Upvote 1

WAT1460.png

14 minutes ago, fs1 said:

Ok let me speak to Reed and I will assure an answer and a solution to you guys, if that’s fine with you.

Now that is reaction to a building word not allowed storm! Keep calm and your heads up. Good luck. Love your work and would buy it again.

8 minutes ago, JasonPC said:

From what I understand the beta code message is basically because they pulled the update at the last minute due to problems (surprise, surprise).

And hear is how you build up a word not allowed storm. 😊 No offence, as I said it is different from real life conversations. Remember it is sunday and REX is working. I am guilty myself for that some times.

Edited by Rasterfahnder

MCE_banner_272_68.jpg

13 minutes ago, vcarlo said:

Just a small input from the other side... (and I have no connection to the REX team, beta users, etc).  Just completed 2 short flights using EF (textures from SF) and AS weather.  I saw absolutely beautiful skies, cloud textures, shadows, etc (running EF in AUTO mode).  I did NOT run SF program before these flights until I came here and noticed users reporting a "BETA CODE" requirement.  I then opened the SF exe and observed this odd behavior also.  I simply closed the SF program, then relaunched EF, AS and P3D.  As EF does not require SF to be running, everything went completely normal and all looked good once again. 

Good move not to install any texture from SF vcarlo. SF is not installing the right texture after the last update.Am looking at the default clouds now.

• Upvote 1

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

1 hour ago, fs1 said:

Take a breath, relax..this is just a hobby.

Wow. I can't believe you said that.

You effectively dismissed the majority of users in the 28 page post.

I uninstalled EF soon after buying it. I will reinstall it after everything gets fixed which it will happen at some point.

Cheers,

Mark

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, fs1 said:

Can you post in the forums? Thanks

Already did yesterday evening. 

1 hour ago, fs1 said:

Take a breath, relax..this is just a hobby.

so you take our money for a over advertised product that even in automatic mode needs so much manual tweaking to fit ones taste that i loose all of my mood and spare time and uninstalled it.

In this case we should talk about a refund......

• Upvote 2

Carsten U

1 hour ago, joby33y said:

Working fine with VR here (Oculus rift). 

Which VR system ?  

Strange, I also use the rift but in conjunction with flyinside (vanilla VR has too many functions missing for me).

So I installed and tried it. After first loading I only could look around with Space and mouse. And at second try P3D was not loading after I chosed my scenario.

Only deinstall of EF restored my sim 

I’ve been quite happy with EF and SF, especially after their latest update. There’s only one or two small quirks that I’ve been told will be addressed but overall it’s been an awesome experience. I’m also not running other shader programs though, just AS+SF+EF. I think there’s a good number of us who are enjoying it and don’t post about it so it’s only the bad that gets the spotlight. But that’s typical of any product in any field. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

2 hours ago, fs1 said:

I think you need to switch off the complain button, go to the forums and post your issues. Posting here at Avsim won’t help you and you'll loose time.

Excuse me?  That is a pretty word not allowed poor response.  I have posted many times at the REX forum and have stuck up for REX on many occasions.  Blaming users issues because they have not read the manuals is rediculous.  Especially when the manual sucks for a more advanced user.  REX needs to stop over advertising and produce a product that somewhat works at release.

Matt Wilson

so  how does it work for me??.i had the bloom issue which is now solved.i use PTA with EF which works perfectly.I updated Skyforce which now works really well.what i'm saying is NO software works for all users on release.it has always been that way and always will.from my experience 99% of issues are created by the user.personally i would stick with REX and contact there support forum again.they are one of the best at solving issues with there software.might take a while but will be worth it in the end.

steve

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, steve howlett said:

so  how does it work for me??.i had the bloom issue which is now solved.i use PTA with EF which works perfectly.I updated Skyforce which now works really well.what i'm saying is NO software works for all users on release.it has always been that way and always will.from my experience 99% of issues are created by the user.personally i would stick with REX and contact there support forum again.they are one of the best at solving issues with there software.might take a while but will be worth it in the end.

steve

If you are on the latest version of SF it isn't working properly for you. You may be seeing the default cloud models, but not the SF cloud models. They are not installed as confirmed by REX.

You can even view the program log file and see none are installed when you try to manually install them to the sim.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, JasonPC said:

If you are on the latest version of SF it isn't working properly for you. You may be seeing the default cloud models, but not the SF cloud models. They are not installed as confirmed by REX.

You can even view the program log file and see none are installed when you try to manually install them to the sim.

If you already had SF textures installed how do P3D default clouds get installed again?

Am not seeing any clouds anything like default. If you’re saying new sets are not getting installed that’s really no big deal till a HF comes out.

I agree REX can improve and should but also they seem to be working around the clock, weekends to get everything right ASAP. 

Since the two updates and installed as they instructions SF and EF with ASP4 work wonderful all in AUTO. I was ever more impressed when I just took of from EGLL and EF coloured the river Thames brown just like it is. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip