Sign in to follow this  
Nemo

What's going on with REX?

6 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

If you already had SF textures installed how do P3D default clouds get installed again?

Am not seeing any clouds anything like default. If you’re saying new sets are not getting installed that’s really no big deal till a HF comes out.

I agree REX can improve and should but also they seem to be working around the clock, weekends to get everything right ASAP. 

Since the two updates and installed as they instructions SF and EF with ASP4 work wonderful all in AUTO. I was ever more impressed when I just took of from EGLL and EF coloured the river Thames brown just like it is. 

Cloud models are not the same as cloud textures.

Textures are being installed as they have always been.

Cloud models are REX's way of assembling the default cloud "billboard system" into cloud "structures." This is the big selling point of SF3D. So you can have supercell thunderstorms and other types of clouds that are not able to be represented in the default sim. These models are not being installed into the sim by the program in the most recent version. So you end up with default clouds with no cloud structures.

Also the recent update required an uninstall of the old program so I'm guessing all existing cloud models were removed from the sim.

Edited by JasonPC

Well that’s strange as I’ve just had cloud bursts and huge towering systems forming today

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

2 hours ago, newtie said:

Wow. I can't believe you said that.

You effectively dismissed the majority of users in the 28 page post.

Hey, social media. He just wrote it and did not say it. And it goes both ways for customer and developers. Posts lack the information that are transported by facial expression, tone and body laguage. Don't get me wrong, but imagine you go to a pizza place and order a pizza. Would you step up to the counter and complain like: "This pizza sucks, I payed you to get me my pizza of choice, I would have never orderd a pizza here if I knew it would not taste as I imagined when reading the menu, and I will never ever buy from you again! Now get me a new one and pressto!" No you would not.
Now imagin you work for 3 years on a project and then you get it out and it does not turn out to be free of failures. You wont feel good about it. But it sure hurts to read some of the later posts.
I know that the comparison is not very good but if you think about it maybe you get my point and give FS1 some slack. What would you think of a customer that orders your pizza and complains like we do some times? 😉 I know what he would get from me.

But every one has the right and should complain! Otherwise you just lose customers and that is bad for business. That's why I think a developer must be tough because you can not expect that every written word is well thought out by your customer. Most of them are just as passionate about simming as you are.

Edited by Rasterfahnder

MCE_banner_272_68.jpg

7 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Well that’s strange as I’ve just had cloud bursts and huge towering systems forming today

If you go into the SF3D program and click the 3D Cloud Model Structures Tab and then click Install Now at the bottom left that normally installs cloud models.

But then go into the program log for cloud models located in

C:\Program Files\REX Sky Force 3D for Prepar3D v4 (or whatever directory you installed it to)

File name is installlogmodels.txt

Mine is totally empty, ie not doing anything and I get no cloud structures.

12 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Me too. Just finished a flight and omg. I like it. I think that is because of EF. The cloud morphing still works and that alone transforms the sky to some thing that I like a lot (even without working structures, I cant wait to get the SF update - it will be amazing). And the lighting in the sun and changes of light intensity as I flew along mountains is superb. I used other shaders before but EF is something else. The longer I use it the more I am impressed. 

Edited by Rasterfahnder

MCE_banner_272_68.jpg

21 minutes ago, Rasterfahnder said:

Hey, social media. He just wrote it and did not say it. And it goes both ways for customer and developers. Posts lack the information that are transported by facial expression, tone and body laguage. Don't get me wrong, but imagine you go to a pizza place and order a pizza. Would you step up to the counter and complain like: "This pizza sucks, I payed you to get me my pizza of choice, I would have never orderd a pizza here if I knew it would not taste as I imagined when reading the menu, and I will never ever buy from you again! Now get me a new one and pressto!" No you would not.
Now imagin you work for 3 years on a project and then you get it out and it does not turn out to be free of failures. You wont feel good about it. But it sure hurts to read some of the later posts.
I know that the comparison is not very good but if you think about it maybe you get my point and give FS1 some slack. What would you think of a customer that orders your pizza and complains like we do some times? 😉 I know what he would get from me.

But every one has the right and should complain! Otherwise you just lose customers and that is bad for business. That's why I think a developer must be though because you can not expect that every written word is well thought out by your customer. Most of them are just as passionate about simming as you are.

I agree with you @Rasterfahnder

And I am here on a Sunday when I could be with the family, trying to put order on this thread because slamming REX like this, is not fair (disclosure I am not a REX employee).

I understand your frustration, but please post your issues in the forums.

As I mentioned this forum, this topic has to have some constructive discussions which in some cases are not happening.

Edited by fs1
  • Like 1

Federico Sucari

20 minutes ago, JasonPC said:

If you go into the SF3D program and click the 3D Cloud Model Structures Tab and then click Install Now at the bottom left that normally installs cloud models.

But then go into the program log for cloud models located in

C:\Program Files\REX Sky Force 3D for Prepar3D v4 (or whatever directory you installed it to)

File name is installlogmodels.txt

Mine is totally empty, ie not doing anything and I get no cloud structures.

Jason, I will turn you down on that as it appears all is working fine, since EF, SF was only opened to set up some option. I let EF do everything. But thanks for the thought.

As the post above Federico is working on a Sunday to help. Must be hard when your constantly getting kicked.

• Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

2 hours ago, mpw8679 said:

Excuse me?  That is a pretty word not allowed poor response.  I have posted many times at the REX forum and have stuck up for REX on many occasions.  Blaming users issues because they have not read the manuals is rediculous.  Especially when the manual sucks for a more advanced user.  REX needs to stop over advertising and produce a product that somewhat works at release.

Please point me to your post with your issues. I am happy to follow up and look for a solution.

Federico Sucari

4 hours ago, awf said:

A working version of SF is al we need, but that one is pulled leaving us with a broken product 😉 could you guys at least put back the last working version?

At the point to remove all and choose another route...

And that's been released. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

3 hours ago, reecemj said:

Good move not to install any texture from SF vcarlo. SF is not installing the right texture after the last update.Am looking at the default clouds now.

No actually, you are looking at default cloud models. As I stated, the update is now available that fixes that issue.

• Like 2

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Just now, timest said:

No actually, you are looking at default cloud models. As I stated, the update is now available that fixes that issue.

I was about to ask you to please release the last working build.

Do you have a link to the new build with the fix?

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

1 minute ago, timest said:

Open the program and update through there.

OK

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

3 minutes ago, timest said:

Open the program and update through there.

Not showing an update Tim. 0410

Edited by Nyxx