Sign in to follow this  
Nemo

What's going on with REX?

Just now, newtie said:

What is the latest build number?

I'm at .0520 and when I try to update, it says current.

Careful with that question 🤣

But I just realized my mistake, you're on the "old" version. Same reason why I asked. The new Technical Update 2.1 needs to be manually downloaded and you need to delete that old .0520 version.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

3 minutes ago, Sethos1988 said:

The new Technical Update 2.1 needs to be manually downloaded

Thats not the new update, the new one should be 2.2 😙

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Rasterfahnder said:

Thats not the new update, the new one should be 2.2 😙

Yes, I know. I'm talking to the guy with the 'old' version that needs to get on the recent 2.1 release, to even get 2.2 🙂

'else he'd be trying to update from here to eternity without ever getting anything, regardless of when it's available.

Edited by Sethos1988

Is this not the current one? 

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Nyxx said:

Is this not the current one? 

😲 good question

Edited by awf

1 minute ago, awf said:

😲

😉

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, timest said:

Open the program and update through there.

thanks Tim but would appreciated the build number so it's less confusing...

answer from REX:

Please have patience the server is experiencing heavy loads, thank you for your understanding...  

Edited by awf

I would appreciate a working update or release SF build 5.0.2019.0116 so that I can go back.

I managed to copy the files over to my new fresh install. So I have a working sim.

VUDv37k.jpg

The current version is 0410. If you try to update you will get a message saying your version is up to date. The last update has not been released yet. Please wait until things get sorted and fixed for the next update to be available.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, timest said:

No actually, you are looking at default cloud models. As I stated, the update is now available that fixes that issue.

@Vineguy It's not impatience (mostly), but confusion. Tim indicated the update was released, hence the cascade.

Edited by Gabshall

Apparently they tried to push the update out but paused it again due to server issues.

What is this (Process Validation failed please contact support) in the EF mini UI ?

Starting to lose patience

3 minutes ago, JasonPC said:

Apparently they tried to push the update out but paused it again due to server issues.

🤔

1 hour ago, timest said:

Open the program and update through there.

Hello

Are we talking about technical update 2.1 or this is different update? I am getting confused how all these updates work. In REX forum it says uninstall previous version. 

"Update thru program."  Does it mean open SF and follow the instructions without uninstalling previous version? Thanks 

2 hours ago, fs1 said:

Please point me to your post with your issues. I am happy to follow up and look for a solution.

With the latest updates I have no issues to report.  All I am saying is the manual could be more detailed.  

Just now, mpw8679 said:

With the latest updates I have no issues to report.  All I am saying is the manual could be more detailed.  

Ok that is fine. Just text me anytime needed. Thanks

@tgiesigedid you try a reboot of your PC. Sometimes p3d acts up and does not close properly. Just asking.

Let me ask about priority loading.

1. First, I load EV Force and reduce it to my taskbar
  2. Second, I load ActiveSky and reduce it to my taskbar
  3. Third, I load P3d

I do not load REX Skyforce BECAUSE I assume it's always working in the background.

CORRECT???

Thanks.

Stan

• Like 1

Original issue is OBE following release of an update.  Please post continuing post-update issues in another thread.  If it turns into a piling-on exercise, we'll have to close that one or ones, too.