Sign in to follow this  
Tom408

MJahn C47 Missing air file

Hello,

I've been flying this wonderful aircraft for a few years.  Version 3.14.  I'm migrating to a new computer.  I installed 3.12 and it works fine.  Then I updated to 3.14 but the zip file is missing the air file and FSX complains it can't load the flight model.

If I change aircraft.cfg so sim=Douglas_DC3_v1.4, it flys, but its the 3.12 version.

The file seems to be missing from the 3.14 zip files.  I've downloaded from here and another site.  Same thing.

So.....exactly how many C-47 aircraft folders do you have?  FXS boxed version or FSX-SE?  I'm running v.31406 and the.air file is Douglas_DC3_v1.5.air and all of the sim= are Douglas_DC3_V1.5

It might be these 2 files:

Mainpack -> https://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=198659
Hotfix -> https://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=199046

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Thanks much for the quick response.

And you solved the problem.  I previously had downloaded a file called douglas_c-47_beta_v3.14_fixes.  The file you directed me to is different douglas_c-47_beta_v3.1405.

What is the "fixes" zip file?  Should I be installing that on top of the 3.14?

Believe it or not, I still had the "Fixes" readme file in the aircraft folder.  This is what it fixes:

1. Multiplayer capable exterior models with adjustments to props, chocks, and steps. (Chocks are now linked to the "spoiler" variable. If you have a control key assigned to spoiler, you can handle the chocks via that key. Steps now deploy/retract automatically with the operation of door #1.)

2. Exterior animated windscreen wipers. (Note that if you turn the wipers on in the VC and then switch to spot view, the wiper sound will continue. In this case you can use Monitor > Misc to make them run without any sound.)

3. Improved hardware mixture lever support. (All detents including Idle Cutoff selectable. Take care not to select ICOF unintentionally, as this will shut down your engines.)

4. "Checklist completed" soundbite now plays when completing a checklist page.

5. Overhead paratrooper switches corrected.

6. Altitude gauge pressure indicator corrected.

7. RMI/ADF needles to park horizontally when battery or avionics are OFF.

8. COM/NAV radios tunable with battery off. (Rotary knobs operate mechanically.)

9. Blinking red transponder light when turned ON.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool: